Recommended resources for perfecting form and technique?

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

Hi all,Since my previous injury I'm a lot more conscious of the form and technique of my weight lifting exercises. I wanted to get hold of the Starting Strength book but it's quite expensive. I've found some great articles for squats and deadlifts on nobsbb.com and have videos from bb.com on my phone but still feel like I need to learn more to correct my moves and help avoid injuries.In addition, I'm making a lot of effort to warm up very well with light cardio and lots of dynamic stresses.Thanks in advance!Invincible

TCB
    Participant

A coach is your best bet.. A good coach, anyway.Beyond that, it'll be sport specific, probably. Eg you probably won't find a one-stop website with good cues/instruction on weightlifting(snatch/clean&jerk), powerlifting, gymnastics all in one.But for basics, somewhere like jtsstrength.com could be a good start. TONS of info there from many fields.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

A coach is your best bet.. A good coach, anyway.

But how does one differentiate? Is there a reliable certification? ???_

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

A coach is your best bet.. A good coach, anyway.Beyond that, it'll be sport specific, probably. Eg you probably won't find a one-stop website with good cues/instruction on weightlifting(snatch/clean&jerk), powerlifting, gymnastics all in one.But for basics, somewhere like jtsstrength.com could be a good start. TONS of info there from many fields.

Thanks TCB! Great site, been reading up of some of the articles on squats and have a learnt quite a few things.With regards to the sport choice, I'm only interested in plain vanilla bodybuilding focusing on core movements (bench/squats/deadlifts/press/rows) as I'm a beginner looking to get stronger while leaning down using CBL. If you have any resources feel free to suggest them!

TCB
    Participant

Thanks TCB! Great site, been reading up of some of the articles on squats and have a learnt quite a few things.With regards to the sport choice, I'm only interested in plain vanilla bodybuilding focusing on core movements (bench/squats/deadlifts/press/rows) as I'm a beginner looking to get stronger while leaning down using CBL. If you have any resources feel free to suggest them!

I'd suggest Ben Pakulski's stuff, then.

Phatty

I learned a lot from reading starting strength. Learned even more by watching lifters on YouTube with similar body proposition as mine perform different lifts.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I recommend reading, watching videos, and most importantly, practice.  You'll get it eventually.You can hire a coach/trainer if you like, but it really is not necessary and your money is probably better spent on other things.  If you find a good gym, the members there will give you advice for free.

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

Thanks all for the advice. Spent some time on youtube lately and found some great stuff. Most of the Pakulski videos seem to be paid content unfortunately. Btw, here's a really good primer that I found and wanted to share...http://scotthermanfitness.com/beginners_guide.phpHe has tons of good exercise tutorials on youtube which I found helpful too.

TCB
    Participant

Thanks all for the advice. Spent some time on youtube lately and found some great stuff. Most of the Pakulski videos seem to be paid content unfortunately.

😮https://www.youtube.com/user/BenPakIFBB

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recommended resources for perfecting form and technique?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?