reliv provantage any good?

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

elmatth1

I know everyone here likes whey and thinks less of soy based protein, but has anyone had experience with Reliv Provantage protein?  A buddy of mine started taking it in May of this year and claims it worlds better than whey interms of building size and strength.  I read up on the little info i could find about it, and it says the protein source is from soy peptides taken from a different source of soy than normal soy protein.  Not sure if that is all marketing BS or not.  Anyway, my buddy likes the stuff so much (and their expensive ass vitamines) that he is becoming a sales rep for the company.  He's trying to get me to get on the bandwagon with him, but i'm not sold.  Anyone have any experience with this company or the Provantage protein?

TCB
    Participant

Soy anything (except a bit of tamari) is a no-go in my book. I'm happy with keeping estrogen levels as low as possible.Plus, animal > plant.. Always.Unless you're intolerant to whey/casein and the other animal based protein powders, I wouldn't worry about it. Even then, I wouldn't go to soy. I'd look at beef powder, or even rice/potato/pea proteins (I think Sano used a mixture of those three)

Gnomer
    Participant

yea i have a rice/pea/potato mix from truenutrition.. but i find TN to much of a pain so next protein I'm going to try is this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00638EYF0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=33A3WC54VSAG5&coliid=I37VG9LF70ICJGwhich is purely rice basedalso i agree with TCB on staying away from soy...soy is probably the most heavily GMO food around i'd steer clear of it

TCB
    Participant

yea i have a rice/pea/potato mix from truenutrition.. but i find TN to much of a pain so next protein I'm going to try is this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00638EYF0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=33A3WC54VSAG5&coliid=I37VG9LF70ICJGwhich is purely rice basedalso i agree with TCB on staying away from soy...soy is probably the most heavily GMO food around i'd steer clear of it

I think it's something like 82% of all soy produced is GMO

elmatth1

you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what in the hell is GMO?

TCB
    Participant

you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what in the hell is GMO?

Genetically Modified Organism.Basically, scientists take food, poke into it's inner biology and change it around to make it easier to grow/resistant to pests/hyperpalatable/etc and there are a lot of correlations to GMO items causing problems in the human body over the long run.

elmatth1

thanks! 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

reliv provantage any good?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?