ReOrientation Questions/Comments/Concerns

• This topic has 6 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

HeatherPrimeaux

Personally, I just assume each serving to have 1g carbs. There aren't too many things I eat multiple servings of at a time, so I easily stay under 30 even with my inflated (and safe) "math".

I really don't eat more than one serving at a time, but my hubby sure does.  We started on Friday and here we are, 6 days later and he has already lost 10 pounds, me 5.  Why is it that he is losing more and eating more?  I eat plenty of proteins and fats but he is dropping more.  Is it just water weight or is he really losing that much fat?  I am going to read CNS again, and again if I have to cause it is impossible to retain that much info reading it once.

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

Remember, taking carbs out of your diet means you will lose 3g of water for every gram of carbs you are no longer storing.  As a man I am sure he is larger than you, with a significant difference in carb storage ability, so he should see a bigger weight drop during your first 10 day re-conditioning cycle.  He will likely gain more at each carb feed and lose it again the following days.Also, it isn't fair, but as a man, he naturally burns more calories than a woman, so his calorie requirements will be greater than yours, portion sizes larger, etc.  Just don't let that be an excuse to eat 5000 calories per day 🙂  he will still gain weight on CNS if he eats significantly more than he should.Your first big fat burn will occur in the 4 days following your first carb feed.  Yes, if you are skipping breakfast and keeping the carbs way down and doing the fat/protein days right you are already losing some fat, but the real fat burn is after you keep your insulin spiked for 6 hours with the carb feed.

Naomi Most

Personally, I just assume each serving to have 1g carbs. There aren't too many things I eat multiple servings of at a time, so I easily stay under 30 even with my inflated (and safe) "math".

I really don't eat more than one serving at a time, but my hubby sure does.  We started on Friday and here we are, 6 days later and he has already lost 10 pounds, me 5.  Why is it that he is losing more and eating more?  I eat plenty of proteins and fats but he is dropping more.  Is it just water weight or is he really losing that much fat?  I am going to read CNS again, and again if I have to cause it is impossible to retain that much info reading it once.

A large man can hold tens of pounds of water. Kiefer says that at one time not long ago, when he was paying attention to the scale, the difference between his carbed-up weight and his carb-depleted weight was roughly 20 lbs.Yeah, trust Jeremy on this one -- it's basically water. Probably a little fat too though!You'll know for sure the day after you eat your Christmas dinner and you weigh yourself. You'll see you've gained back a few pounds in the morning -- but you'll drop again it a few days later. Kind of amazing how much water it takes to hold all those carbs.Congrats -- sounds like you're on the right track!

HeatherPrimeaux

Thank you!  I have never been committed to a diet, but I am to this one.  It is easy, but hard in ways, especially with 3 kids to feed as well.  They are eating healthier now, so there is definitely some benefit for them.  I always add in a few carbs to their meals since they are still young, 12, 11 & 2.  It took me some time to find this forum but i am so glad i did.  You've helped reassure me that were doing this the right way!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ReOrientation Questions/Comments/Concerns

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?