Running, CN and 5/3/1 oh my!

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

backlash79

Hey everyone, I'd like to field the opinions of the more experienced CN'ers out there.Here is what I've been doing:-Strict CN since 1/1/2013 lost a total of 13 pounds already, looking to drop another 10 before I transition to CBL-5/3/1 2x a week template + 1 "weak point day" the day of my CN -Running 4x a week - 1 interval day, 1 race pace day, 1 longer distance day and 1 running drills dayI know that Keifer frowns upon aerobic stuff...etc BUT I'm going to do it anyway because I have to to keep up with my military requirements, I have found through the years that when I drop my running frequency to twice a week my scores always suffer. If it was up to me I would never run other than sprints.Here is how I've been structuring it:Friday - CN - weak point lifting daySaturday - Lower body 5/3/1 - alternate DL/squat every weekSunday - Intervals Monday - Race pace run Tuesday - Upper body 5/3/1 - alternate OH press/bench every week + running drillsWednesday - Longer distance runThursday - Rest - nada!Things have been going well up until this week where I feel like I have really hit a wall mentally and physically. Wondering if I should be adding a second CN and just deal with the slower weight loss or what? I tried to place the intervals 1 to 2 days after my CN (not really HIIT but more HIIT than anything else). At first I tried doing the intervals the same day as my lower body day but that was terrible, that only lasted 2 weeks. The longer run feels like crap I force myself through it but by the end I'm exhausted.Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Running, CN and 5/3/1 oh my!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?