Sharing my Whey

• This topic has 3 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Penny Danner
    Participant

Oh dear!  I think I'm about to have to start sharing my Protein with my 17 yr old!!!  I think I'll make him buy his own…but until then I guess I'm sharing.  I don't want him drinking the soy kind that my hubby drinks!

Phatty

I get a kilo or more for free every week. I wish I had somebody to share it with, it's hard to whittle down 5kg+ when I only drink 25-50g of it a day.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Yes, you are the lucky duck that works at a supplement factory, right? 🙂Well....my think he knows everything teenager decided to buy some kind of stuff from his friend!!!! >:(  It is whey protein concentrate.  Friend couldn't use it any more because he is allergic to soy and it contains soy.  Son spent WAAAYYY more money on that than he should.  sigh.  I told him he has to pay for it but we can order him some WPI from where I get mine next time for WAY cheaper than what he paid his friend!

Paying to much for it regardless, WPC is still a good protein. And the soy is has is lecithin which is in almost all protein so it mixes, just for the record.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Paying to much for it regardless, WPC is still a good protein. And the soy is has is lecithin which is in almost all protein so it mixes, just for the record.

Thanks, Trevor.....that makes me feel a bit better.  I'd still rather him use the one from True Nutrition that I use..plus it is cheaper and (in my opinion) healthier.

Thanks, Trevor.....that makes me feel a bit better.  I'd still rather him use the one from True Nutrition that I use..plus it is cheaper and (in my opinion) healthier.

Id likely agree with all of that.What brand did he get?

Penny Danner
    Participant

Id likely agree with all of that.What brand did he get?

GNC Amp Amplified Mass XXX

Is it a weight gainer or a protein powder?

Penny Danner
    Participant

Is it a weight gainer or a protein powder?

http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Pro-Performance-AMP-Amplified-Mass-XXX-Chocolate/product.jsp?productId=3480829Weight Gainer I think....it says "50g of Protein with Micronized AminosIncreases Lean Mass with 40% Fewer Sets*3g of Creatine to Improve Athletic Performance*Improves Muscle Stamina & Strength*Clinically ResearchedWhat is Amplified Mass XXX™?Need to pack on the pounds? AMPlify your gains with Amplified Mass XXX™ - our best mass gainer ever.* Exclusive to GNC, this rock solid formula is engineered with ingredients proven to help you increase lean mass, weight, strength and stamina.** Muscle up your diet with Amplified Mass XXX™ - the ultimate lean mass builder." on the Product Details

I wouldn't let him use it. It's a mass gainer, which is protein with cheap sugar and fats added.

Phatty

I wouldn't let him use it. It's a mass gainer, which is protein with cheap sugar and fats added.

I'll never understand why people buy "mass gainers". You get half the protein at twice the price. Works out much cheaper to buy a flavoured whey and a bulk carb powder like malto or waxy maize, even blended oats.Saves loads of money and you know exactly what's in it.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Ugh!  He paid his friend $30 for part of the container.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I'll never understand why people buy "mass gainers". You get half the protein at twice the price. Works out much cheaper to buy a flavoured whey and a bulk carb powder like malto or waxy maize, even blended oats.Saves loads of money and you know exactly what's in it.

Because his friend is also 17 and doesn't know anything about this....or went with what the GNC person told them! 🙁

Phatty

Because his friend is also 17 and doesn't know anything about this....or went with what the GNC person told them! 🙁

My oldest brother is 33, works at the same place as me and still falls for the so called weight gainers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sharing my Whey

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?