Shockwave & CBL

• This topic has 11 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Carlos22

After further reading, it seems that I could substitute super slow 6 second eccentric movements for negatives or use a Smith machine as my spotter on the negatives. I am guessing that doing SW HD with these adjustments would be best for hypertrophy.Also, I read this from Kiefer "CBL users, eccentric loading interferes with glycogen resynthesis[1, 35], so don’t splurge quite so much. Cut out a turnover or two."I wish I knew what that meant specifically, but I guess I will have to start slow with some white rice and add a few sweets at a time until I find a good balance.

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

He means that the T-glut wont be as much stimulated as on a regular explosive lift, But if you do a good balance on your reps, it wont affect as much.

He means that the T-glut wont be as much stimulated as on a regular explosive lift, But if you do a good balance on your reps, it wont affect as much.

More then that.Eccentric loading down regulates glycogen synthesis.

Derekcerva
    Participant

I am doing 5/3/1 with shockwave moves, weight has been stable but it seems as if my strength gains are through the roof, after i finish 5/3/1 with shockwave i will move to heavy duty cbl

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

I still do not follow the idea of why the normal SW isnt good for a CBL DB,For example, my plan for today tells me to do legs, with 37 total sets ranging from 2 to 20 reps, to do it in about 53 minutes,The way i see it, there ist a good balance in PSR sets and ELECT sets, and both high reps and low reps,Hypertrophy requires amongts various things, the contraction and enough rest between sets,This plan has it, Seeing like that, it inst good for a CBL DB why exactly?

I still do not follow the idea of why the normal SW isnt good for a CBL DB,For example, my plan for today tells me to do legs, with 37 total sets ranging from 2 to 20 reps, to do it in about 53 minutes,The way i see it, there ist a good balance in PSR sets and ELECT sets, and both high reps and low reps,Hypertrophy requires amongts various things, the contraction and enough rest between sets,This plan has it, Seeing like that, it inst good for a CBL DB why exactly?

Is that the app? The app is slightly different, and if you choose hypertrophy as the goal includes more volume.The PDF just lacks enough volume as written is the reason why, but you simply do extended PSR sets and fix that.

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

Well i dont remember to add any option to hypertrophy :sI unistalled the app to see if that was on the begining of it, but it doesnt say anything lolI find it strange because i dont remember to add even my age of weight and height when i first strated the app!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shockwave & CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?