Simplicity Works

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

There are a heap of people on the forum stressing about what to eat, when to eat, how to train? Etc, Etc? I have also noted that people are very keen togive thisor that a try? Results come from consistentcy before they come from anything else! Find a program that focuses on basic multi joint movements, eg: Shockwave, SS, 5/31/, Beyond bodybuilding! Stick with it! Make progress on the exercises in some way every time you go to the gym and don't change ANYTHING for at least 6-8 weeks! NOTHING! I mean it! give a solid training program time to be effective! So many people start a program then start fiddling with it and adding stuff to it!Before long the program looks nothing like it is supposed to and people say it is Shit!This goesdouble for DIET, get an idea ofwhat you have to do with CBL or CNS, then stick with it!Don't change stuff constantly! Look at the DeMayo template? Simple, sodo it for a while as simple as possible! THEN fiddle around with it!For people struggling to workout RIGHT? Pick 3-5 exercises for big muscles then 2-3 for small ones,try to add weight or reps every timeyou go to the gym and you will get results! KEEP A WORKOUT JOURNAL!

Naomi Most

I agree. Particularly when you are still beginner or intermediate, it's better just to keep good records and stick with one method for a while, checking your progress over time and adjusting when/if necessary. Obsessing over methods in the early stages doesn't help anyone who is in otherwise healthy condition.  In software we call that “premature optimization”, and it usually only results in a lot of hemming and hawing instead of producing anything useful.I do see a handful of guys in the advanced stages of bodybuilding debating strength- and hypertrophy-maximizing programs and supplements here, though, and that makes sense to me.  But I think it's interesting how there isn't any one method of refinement that works for everybody -- and what works for you one year may not work for you the next.Workout Logs Uber Alles

gmnick

Easiest protocol IMO = Go Heavy once a week on Squat, Bench, Deadlift & Press. Depending on how you respond,  increase/decrease the weight/volume and then consider adding heavy repeated / assistance / pre-hab / mobility / stretching from there.Lots of variables to play with, but the core always stays the same.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

One thing that is also important to note is that with new training programs, especially programs that have exercises you aren't used to doing a lot, there is a learning curve.  I found that when I start a new program the first workouts for each bodypart or lift is always not the best because I need to develop a feel for how the lifts are done and find an appropriate weight.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Simplicity Works

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?