skockwave for hypertrophy

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Pasquall
    Participant

Hi guys!I started doing shockwave recently and I love it. I was wondering, what would be a modification more suitable for hypertrophy and CBL? Too bad app is only available on apple... can someone please write up that routine or give some guidelines? Thanks!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

You should try Heavy Duty for CBL.  It's better for hypertrophy than shockwave.

Pasquall
    Participant

I tried it…But - I like that shockwave has deadlifts in it... And it seems to me always that back training day on HD for CBL lacks thickness excercises volume, rows etc... or am I wrong?Also lack of training partner for negatives is disadvantage as well...

CBachelor17

Volume doesn't always (=) size. The way Heavy Duty was designed was for gaining size. Standard shockwave is for strength gains. Mainly for those running low or ULC on SA or CN.

Richard Schmitt

You can do slow negatives by yourself if you don't have a spot. Also I would swap out DLs with squats every other week.

Pasquall
    Participant

Big Tex, which deadlifts you mean? Romanian deadlifts on CBL HD core day or…?

Or just start the day with Deadlifts.Deadlift will add size to a beginner, but honestly they aren't the best movement for hypertrophy because in general they are done for lower reps. You can do high reps obviously, but at some point the cost:Benefit just isn't worth it.

Pasquall
    Participant

I will try to stick to CBL HD for a while and see how it goes. Thanks guys.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I tried it...But - I like that shockwave has deadlifts in it... And it seems to me always that back training day on HD for CBL lacks thickness excercises volume, rows etc... or am I wrong?Also lack of training partner for negatives is disadvantage as well...

You can add it in there.  It's not like you have to do the exercises listed. 

Richard Schmitt

Big Tex, which deadlifts you mean? Romanian deadlifts on CBL HD core day or...?

Normal DLs, I would have to look at it again but I believe replacing the Squats on Leg Day wouldn't hurt. From what was said, it wouldn't add much size if you have been lifting so maybe doing a quick set of ELECT/PSR at the beginning then do your squats. Or what is best

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

skockwave for hypertrophy

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?