Slight Shoulder Pain?

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

For the past two months I had this slight shoulder pain in my right shoulder.  It is slight when I do military presses and fairly sharp when I do lateral raises and dumbell rows.  It feels like the pain is coming from in between my front and middle deltoid.  Is doing the cuban rotation a good idea to exercise the rotator cuff?  I heard good and bad things about those.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Sounds like a supraspinatus strain. Can you use your bad arm to reach your opposite rear deltoid?  If that is hard or hurts, that's probably it. Be very careful on shoulder day and with pull downs/chins.

I would try broom stick stretchesdo you have full rotation of your arm when arm bent to 90 degree angle?Any numbness or tingling in your hand?

Damon Amato
    Participant

If you're having pain, broomstick stretches may cause more inflammation in an already very tiny space.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

No numbness, and I can easily touch my opposite rear delt without any pain.  The pain happens when I raise the arm at an angle in between a front and lateral raise really high to the point my trap begins to contract.  I think I actually figured out what caused it.  I started doing a lot front squats and noticed that this started shortly after that.

Oh so you might just be bruised my friend. That happens to me sometimes with front squats… Do you hold the bar with a cross arm type hold or with your hands bent back?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I did them Olympic style with my wrists bent.  No cross-arm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slight Shoulder Pain?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?