Smolov Max Out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tyler Ettner
    Participant

I am currently finishing up the 3rd week of Smolov Jr for squat and bench, and am feeling strong as hell! However, I don't have much experience with pure strength training performance and have some Q's about the 4th week. The Smolov program incorporates an entire week of rest before maxing out on Saturday or Sunday.   Since I am Carb Backloading, should I go ULC this entire week? I don't want to lose my strength gains due to diet, so if I did go ULC I guess I should raise the calories quite a lot. I'm thinking maybe I should put a medium volume back+biceps day on Thursday or Friday and do a huge backload to fill my glycogen stores for a max effort on the weekend, is this a good idea?   Also, should I do a complete workout after the max efforts, and how soon after this should I start another training cycle? Thanks - Tman

Don't go adding any days. What I would probably do is go ULC till 2 days prior and then backload the first night, then have more of a carb nite the second night.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Don't go adding any days. What I would probably do is go ULC till 2 days prior and then backload the first night, then have more of a carb nite the second night.

+1

Tyler Ettner
    Participant

Sounds like a plan. Just curious though, why the backload+carbnite instead of just a carbnite?

Sounds like a plan. Just curious though, why the backload+carbnite instead of just a carbnite?

It takes longer than a full carb nite to full replete glycogen stores.

Tyler Ettner
    Participant

Should I still include protein shakes with leucine while backloading tonight and tomorrow? Also, I dont have Carb Nite and am wondering how many carbs i should be working with for tomorrow night, especially with no workout beforehand? I would like to be as strong as possible to max out my lifts but am more focused on aesthetics overall at this point.

Should I still include protein shakes with leucine while backloading tonight and tomorrow? Also, I dont have Carb Nite and am wondering how many carbs i should be working with for tomorrow night, especially with no workout beforehand? I would like to be as strong as possible to max out my lifts but am more focused on aesthetics overall at this point.

You probably want to actually lower fat and go high carb, 2-3x bodyweight in gram.Also, just make sure you hit protein needs.This is if you want to max your strength potential without affecting fat loss.

Svinson82

Very informative thread. Question for the OP: do you follow the Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Saturday lifting days? If so, which nights do you eat the heavy carb meals? Do you eat them Monday night after a squat session or on Sunday night to fuel the muscles for Monday?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Smolov Max Out

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?