So… anyone else finding it hard to eat alot during non carb nite days?

• This topic has 6 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kvndai
    Keymaster

Hey guys, so over the past week and a half I've been noticing that I havn't been eating much at all. It started about 2 carb nites ago and ever since I've been eating less and less. I dont know what's happening, but today I only had 1 meal for the entire day and it was only 2 pieces of salmon and 3 eggs. I really need to increase my intake in food, but I was wondering if this has any affect on me hitting that plateau. I havn't seen much change to my body since I started eating less. Maybe that's the reason?

Newfiedan
    Participant

From a caloric perspective if you are obese then not really it will not do much in terms of harm however if you are slimmer then yes it can cause a plateau, I have seen lots of my friends plateau in terms of results and fat loss by not eating enough. I would make sure that you are getting in enough calories otherwise it will trigger a metabolic slow down in the body. One of the golden rules I have followed is not to cut cals whilst on carb nite.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

I have the opposite problem. I just ate when I was hungry, and ended up at about 7k kcals a day. Now I'm keeping macros at 200/200/20ish, and I'm seeing weight loss again.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Hey guys, so over the past week and a half I've been noticing that I havn't been eating much at all. It started about 2 carb nites ago and ever since I've been eating less and less. I dont know what's happening, but today I only had 1 meal for the entire day and it was only 2 pieces of salmon and 3 eggs. I really need to increase my intake in food, but I was wondering if this has any affect on me hitting that plateau. I havn't seen much change to my body since I started eating less. Maybe that's the reason?

Depending on your current weight you may need more food, but if you're appetite is decreasing it's a sign that your body is using FFA's as energy, so that's good.  Give it a few more days before making any drastic changes.

Naomi Most

Kinda depends on your activity level and how much muscle you have. Some people in this situation (people with a lot of muscle who are working out) should try to eat a lot more. Others should simply "nibble" on something fatty (helps preserve existing muscle) every 4 hours or so.  A piece of cheese or salami perhaps.It's too hard to say based on your description of yourself and what's going on whether you should be worried, or whether you should just let your body be your guide.

kvndai

so as a general guide you should just eat when you're hungry? I dont workout but I do live a pretty active life. Walking to and from school and such. I play basketball occasionally but other than that I dont really workout

Newfiedan
    Participant

I am pretty active as well but I eat at breaks at work, so 10 am, 12 pm. 3 pm, and then supper which can vary greatly for time anywhere from 5:30 pm to 9 pm depending on work schedule.

Naomi Most

so as a general guide you should just eat when you're hungry? I dont workout but I do live a pretty active life. Walking to and from school and such. I play basketball occasionally but other than that I dont really workout

If you're just trying to lose fat, and you don't "really workout", then I'd say yeah, let your hunger be your guide.The only reason I'd encourage someone to try to eat more is if they were trying to put on a bunch of muscle.

Chuck

Well I lost my appetite as well, slowly I wasn’t hungry and didn’t even enjoy breakfast or lunch, but I am going to try to lunch again LOL. You bet though on my CN days I eat a ton. I am a heavy lifter and follow the 5X5 lifts, haven’t seen too much catabolism considering this is a diet. So I would feel it out, see how you look after a week or so and go from there.I lose about 1lbs a week, on CN.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

So… anyone else finding it hard to eat alot during non carb nite days?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?