so many questions…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lisa Henneberry
    Participant

Hi everyone, My name is Lisa! My hubby stumbled across the Carb Nite Solution in December and I decided to give it a try. I started out at 245lbs. I really let myself go after 2 kids. They are now both adults..sad I know lol Anyway, I am currently 215 and according to my scale my body fat is 41%. It was 52%. I work out 4-5 days a week depending on whats going on. I don’t work so I really have no excuse! I am currently doing what’s called the Shockwave Training Split. Mondays is chest and bi’s, tuesday is legs, wed is core, thursday is shoulders and tri’s and fridays is back. The last month nothing has really changed. I feel like I have hit a plateau. My goal is to be ripped. I know I can do it..I just don’t know what to do at this point. I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice.?? Is it better to stick to the carb nite until I reach my first goal weight of 165 or can I back load?? I am feeling lost at the moment…I know that getting on the elliptical for an hour is not really doing me any favors. I love lifting weights and started taking a spin class this week and am starting a R.I.P.P.E.D class next week which is very similar to HIIT. Thank you for any information/advise etc!!

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Hi, welcome:) On my journey to looking good as well.

Assuming you’re doing everything right for Shockwave, I’d say it could be because of your diet?

It would really help if you could provide us with a breakdown of your daily food intake (macros if possible) for both ULC days and CN’s.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Lisa Henneberry
    Participant

Thank you for responding! SO my daily food goes like this, mornings I have 2 cups of black coffee with heavy whipping cream and coconut oil. About 11am or so I eat either 3 eggs and maybe 2 or 3 pieces of bacon or 2 hard boiled eggs. Then about 1pm I eat either a chicken salad with cucumbers,bacon,avocado and green lettuce depending on what I have and either olive oil and vinegar or ranch dressing..if I don’t have chicken then I have fish or steak with spices that I make. Gym time is about 3pm then by 4:30pm I am drinking a protein shake ( Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein ) along with creatine and Leucine.
    Dinner time is around 6:30-7pm and it’s always steak,chicken or fish with steamed broccoli and maybe a salad depending on how hungry I am. Sometimes I don’t eat dinner depending on how full I am from the shake and how late it is. I take a multivitamin,fish oil,calcium and glucosamine. Now I know that if I’m over 20% body fat which I am..I am at 40% right now. (I started at 51%) that I should stick to ULC, however I have hit a plateau. Should I be doing some sort of cardio on my off days? My CN’s are either pizza ( 2 or 3 slices ) and a donut or something along those lines. In Nov I had gall bladder surgery and that really helped me get into ULC mode because I was really sick for a month before I had the surgery and could not eat anything. I was one of those ppl who ate everything low fat high carb and I think that’s what led to my health issues. So I hope I put everything here..I am still learning how to calculate my macros..I just go by what I know.

Lisa Henneberry
    Participant

body fat is 41 not 40 and it was 52 not 51 sorry!

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

In my opinion it is usually the ULC days that need to be adjusted if things aren’t moving in the right direction. It would be helpful for you to calculate your macros because that would be the easiest way to adjust. Another factor could be your CN because one donut and 2-3 pieces of pizza really isn’t that much. Technically you shouldn’t even need to work out for CNS to work so its most likely a macro issue. With your stats I think CNS is the better option.

Lisa Henneberry
    Participant

I think your right! My problem on carb night is I’m so full right away! I’ll play around this week with my macros and see what I can do. I know I should not need to work out on CNS but I do it anyway because it makes me feel better not only physically but mentally as well.Thank you for your input..I really appreciate it:)

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I didn’t say you shouldn’t. I said you shouldn’t have to and it should still work. Therefore your working out most likely isn’t the culprit.

Lisa Henneberry
    Participant

I know:) I was sorta thinking out loud the reason why I like to lol sorry

Penny Danner
    Participant

I agree with Phx….calculate your macros to get your grams so we can see WHAT you’re eating. I think you are working out way too much for CarbNite. My body (and a lot of others) sees exercise as a stressor. Doing Shockwave is great (I did it for a year and took out the Abs day and just did the other 4 days)…it was designed for CN. But more than that is WAAAYYY too much for this plan and can overtax your Central Nervous System. I did do 1-2 days of HIIT when I first started but had to cut that out when I had some foot issues and then broke my other foot, but I was still able to change my body comp and get the scale to move (albeit slowly). I did have to tweak my macros around a bit to get the scale to move as well as I found out that I would hit my lowest weights on the scale when i wasn’t working (my job is a big stressor for me).

Go to My Fitness Pal and input a typical day or two of meals and see where you fat/protein/carb grams fall and then come back here for us to help. 🙂

Lisa Henneberry
    Participant

Thanks:) Yes I’m working on my macros. I did not know how important it was! I am on my fitness pal and have been logging everything but now I’m a little more dialed in. I think I’m not getting enough protein. That’s totally on me too because I have a really bad habit of going all day without food and then come dinner time I’m starving then I can’t get all the right macros in. I’m working on it:) Thank you for the input:)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

so many questions…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?