SPLENDA – Keifer says NO and now YES??????

• This topic has 6 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

majorchloe
    Keymaster

Hi All!  So in CNS, if I am recalling correctly but forgive me if I am not, It seemed to me that Keifer was dead set against the use of Splenda – Not just for the carbs but for the sucralose as an agent altogether.  Now I have recently come across in some postings (of course I do not remember which ones), in which it sounded to me like Keifer used Splenda and used it quite liberally.  Would some of you brains please shed some light on the matter.  If in fact Splenda can be used within the 30g carb allowance, for me it would be like winning the lottery!

sckiely
    Participant

He has Splenda in the recipes at the back of the book! So I don't think he has that much of an issue

IOWA.PharmD

Make sure to count it towards your carbs though. One packet can account for 1 g (actually less but good to be safe).

zewski

The box of splenda I have says that up to four packets is a “free” food. to me that means that each one is about .25g's of carbs making four packets equal 1g of carbs.As far as them effecting your progress, I'm pretty sure Kiefer wrote somewhere that the way sucralose is digested makes it not so terrible. However, splenda also has dextrose and maltodextrin so I doubt that applies. Just limit it to about 4 packets a day to be safe and you'll be fine.

Just like everyone is saying, it is okay to have but don't go crazy.Do you not like Stevia?

majorchloe

Thanks everyone!  I'm not crazy about Stevis YET . . . . . but I'm forcing myself

zewski

Ok now I'm curious, is stevia preferable in some way?

Richard Schmitt

Ok now I'm curious, is stevia preferable in some way?

I use Better Stevia from NOW Healthy Foods. It's expensive, but it is potent and is a lot better than sugar and splenda. No trace of anything.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SPLENDA – Keifer says NO and now YES??????

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?