Starting CN on Wednesday

• This topic has 5 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kevin Creel

Good afternoon, just bought the CN book 2 days ago and starting the plan on Wednesday.  I'm 16% BF at 212 lbs and wanting to get between 10-12 % and then go back on CBL.  A couple of questions though…..1.  I see in the book Keifer recommends not doing much cardio on CN except for HIIT on the 1 or 2 days after your carb night (pp 115,116).  But in the shockwave ripped protocol he recommends it 3 days a week.  Which is right? My goal is muscle preservation and then to build up to 220 after the cut.  So I don't want to burn any muscle if possible.  What is recommended with cardio then?2. I saw in the book that he says it's better to eat right before bed, even on fat/protein day (p 121).  However, when I see people's logs on this forum, most eat dinner and then nothing else.  What is the reason for this?Sure I'll have more questions, but the book sure helped a lot on most of them.Cheers

Damon Amato
    Participant

1. I think Kiefer will be best to answer that question.2. I think he started doing that after the book came out, but it's in the CBL book.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

The recommendation in SW is walking 30 mins isn't it? Pretty sure that won't burn any muscle.Coconut oil in the coffee to help with satiety, and keep ketogenesis going a bit longer in the mornings. I take about 10g of whey isolate as well, a couple of times in the morning. Food is reserved for after noon 😛

Naomi Most

Good afternoon, just bought the CN book 2 days ago and starting the plan on Wednesday.  I'm 16% BF at 212 lbs and wanting to get between 10-12 % and then go back on CBL.  A couple of questions though.....1.  I see in the book Keifer recommends not doing much cardio on CN except for HIIT on the 1 or 2 days after your carb night (pp 115,116).  But in the shockwave ripped protocol he recommends it 3 days a week.  Which is right? My goal is muscle preservation and then to build up to 220 after the cut.  So I don't want to burn any muscle if possible.  What is recommended with cardio then?

Both are correct. It depends on your goals. Carb Nite was written for people who want a purely dietary solution for fat loss, while Shockwave Protocol is for people who are training (or beginning to train) for strength and want a diet plan that allows building lean muscle while cutting fat.You will see faster fat loss if you throw in the HIIT, but no exercise is strictly necessary on Carb Nite.

2. I saw in the book that he says it's better to eat right before bed, even on fat/protein day (p 121).  However, when I see people's logs on this forum, most eat dinner and then nothing else.  What is the reason for this?Sure I'll have more questions, but the book sure helped a lot on most of them.Cheers

For each person you see writing that they only ate dinner, 2 main possibilities:1 - their consumption that day was so satisfying, they weren't hungry after dinner (you should NEVER be forcing yourself to eat at any time)2 - they're fibbing and may have had some nuts or something before bed.Either way, it comes down to what satisfies you. The recommendation to eat before bed is in the context of it being preferable to eating anything in the morning.

sckiely
    Participant

I eat dinner, then i continue eating. I do not have more meals per se, i do pick and snack and grab stuff. I do not enjoy eating until i'm stuffed (all the time  😀 ), so i will eat a big dinner let it settle then go again.

Naomi Most

I eat dinner, then i continue eating. I do not have more meals per se, i do pick and snack and grab stuff. I do not enjoy eating until i'm stuffed (all the time  😀 ), so i will eat a big dinner let it settle then go again.

I tend towards having 2 big meals (lunch and 1pm and then dinner around 6), spending 2 hours nomming various things at night, and I usually finish the day with a few squares of dark chocolate and a teaspoon of some kind of nut butter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Starting CN on Wednesday

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?