Starting tomorrow-Any advice for females?

• This topic has 11 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

NewJenn
    Keymaster

Hi all, I will be starting tomorrow and have read tons here on the forums and Kiefers book. I'm armed with food, fats and a plan. Measurements taken. (maybe photo's later-we'll see)I carry a good amount of muscle, however I have been seeking a plan to rid my body of the blanket of fat that covers the lovely things. After many trials of other programs I am hopeful that this will finally be the answer.Its my understanding that Kiefer has updated versions of CNS that may be available later this year including one for women. So my question to you is there anything I should consider or modify due to being a woman?I see in the testimonials that most are women, so I plan on doing the program as prescribed (minimal whining I promise......not my style) but any new found information to make it more successful would be appreciated. Thanks to Kiefer and Naomi for giving knowledgeable and no nonsense advice. Much appreciated!

Damon Amato
    Participant

You should keep in mind that it may take longer to rid yourself of excess body fat as a female, but other than that, it sounds like you've put yourself in a good position to do well.

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I'd just say to look through the forums here for tweaks that make CNS more efficient.  It was written some time ago and much has been discovered since then, for example, holding off on food that spikes insulin in the morning hours and not eating spaghetti for your backloading…

bako71

I'm female and if I ever get time I plan to start a log. I think it would be good for us women to have each other to learn from.  Seems like more of us are starting to pop up on here.  Ian doing carbnite right now too. It is true that it takes us longer but I have trust in the process.---I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sphln4

NewJenn

Thanks for the responses! As much as I would like to have an immediate transformation I am ready for this to take a while. After reading the book I can't help but feel duped from all of the other programs I've tried. As I have aged I've gotten much more sensitive to carbs in general but I didn’t realize how many carbs were in my “healthy” diet until researching this program.  I am a person that is often hungry and now I realize that I created this problem by buying into the “eat every few hours” mentality. Thinking back I didn’t have this problem when younger and was perfectly content with three reasonable meals a day and maybe a desert on occasion and I didn’t have extra fat then. I am a bit nervous about tomorrow and like most women it seems I am a little phobic about eating fat. But I am jumping in full force as prescribed.Thanks again for the input.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I originally was fat phobic too. That was 6 months ago. Today for lunch I had two fatty burgers with cheese, spinach, one avocado, 4 strips bacon, and two home made energy bites with 11g fat each. I have a feeling you'll come around.

bako71

I was the same way. My trainer/nutrition guy had me eat every two hours. I was so tired Of packing a cooler Every where I went.  It is so nice to only eat two or three meals a day.  Don't be afraid of the fat.  It was weird for me at first but now I actually eat about 30 +/- grams more in fat than protein. ---I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hsfmsg

Naomi Most

Thanks for the responses! As much as I would like to have an immediate transformation I am ready for this to take a while. After reading the book I can't help but feel duped from all of the other programs I've tried. As I have aged I've gotten much more sensitive to carbs in general but I didn’t realize how many carbs were in my "healthy" diet until researching this program.  I am a person that is often hungry and now I realize that I created this problem by buying into the “eat every few hours” mentality. Thinking back I didn’t have this problem when younger and was perfectly content with three reasonable meals a day and maybe a desert on occasion and I didn’t have extra fat then. I am a bit nervous about tomorrow and like most women it seems I am a little phobic about eating fat. But I am jumping in full force as prescribed.Thanks again for the input.

Haha you're not the only one!  I was one of the most ardent talker-uppers of the whole "keep eating to stoke your metabolism" nonsense, years ago before I started to consider the things that Kiefer was telling me.  And I was working my ass off just to hover at 25% bodyfat.  Looked decent in clothes, but not anywhere near what I wanted to look like in a bikini.  🙂Tips for women?  Same as I would give for guys.  You've heard some very good advice already.  I'll re-emphasize the point about fat -- it's crucial to get about 65% to 70% of your calories from fat on this diet.  (No, seriously.)  That's how this diet actually works.I would only add that it's very useful to track your food for the first 2-3 weeks.  If you have an iPhone, I'd recommend the MyNetDiary app.That way you won't be guessing too often about your carb totals, because -- ESPECIALLY for women -- it's also crucial to keep usable carbs well under 30g per day.  Some foods can trick you.  People often assume, for example, that cashews are okay since they're nuts, but they have a surprisingly high amount of starch in them.

Hey girls!! I've been doing CBL for exactly one year! and in the last year I've learned a LOT and tweaked many a things!!I have a post here on DH.com about my story and how i CBL with heavy lifting.  that was put up in october and since then, i've still tweaked a lot!!Right now, I'm training for a powerlifting meet in 4 weeks.  I'm really excited to talk about my results with that.  so during my 16 weeks of hardcore powerlifting training, I haven't done any metabolic, conditioning, sprint, or HIIT work.  once the meet is over, I'll start to incorporate that and I can't wait to see how it will transform my body even more.i train in the morning, so i've had to play around with my carbs and what days i eat them.  i hope to post more about that soon too.let's continue to lean on each other for ideas and support.NewJenn... good luck and keep us posted!!! i think you'll be very pleased!!

NewJenn

Well I made it thru the first day!! At first it was not so difficult but I had ALOT of obstacles to overcome today. There was food everywhere at work today, bagels, sandwhiches, and other yummy lunch meeting leftovers as well as cookies etc….I did not subcome to the temptation.Tonight I got together with my friends and I didn't drink any alcohol or partake in all of the snacks everyone brought. This was difficult! I ate well today but got hungry later in the evening, I just kept asking myself what I really wanted most....the answer was clear. Naomi I think you would have been proud of my choices, I had 71% fat. I brought extra food just in case I was tempted at work and it was a good thing I did, it was like being in some kind of torture house all day!!! Overall I felt pretty good, I had moments of feeling strange, it passed quickly but it felt a little odd. I think I was a bit high on caffiene...I should have passed on the second serving this morning. Lessons learned today:Coconut oil is not a good choice if putting coffee over ice...clump city.Be prepared to go to the bathroom more as excess water leaves body.Wins:Didn't eat all the crap in front of my face ALL day long.Didn't have alcohol with the girls.Ate ample fat.Drank alot of water.Stayed on plan!!!  Misses:I need to let go of the calorie counting mentality, I logged my food so I would have my fat ratio and still was paying attention to calories. It wasn't horribly high but more than it has been for a while...I know that is part of the problem!Need to cut sodium a bit, today I was concentrating on staying on program, it will balance out as I get accustomed to the program.  I wont bore you with the details of each day but I will keep a personal log and report after reorientation and my first carb nite, I figure it might help another newbie.Thanks for the input everyone.

Stephen Davis
    Participant

Sounds like solid start.  🙂

Jenn, I'd love to hear what you ate today. I log my food to track fat, carbs and protein, but my fat isn't probably as high as yours, so i'm curious what you ate today.

NewJenn

Hi Julie, I’ve made friends with butter and coconut oil as suggested on the forum. See below for my food plan for today. (I tried to attach the pdf but it was too large)I supplement with two multivitamins and fish oil. I need to order protein that is low to no carbs, currently I have muscle milk, while its delicious, doesn’t work no this plan except for the first meal on carb nite. I allowed a few gm's of carbs for stevia in coffee Pre-breakfast (2 cups of iced coffee)Heavy Whipping Cream, 5 tbsp 259 2 28 2  Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp 117 0 14 0  Regular Coffee, 2 cup (8 fl oz) 5 0 0 1  Breakfast Butter, salted, 0.5 tbsp 51 0 6 0  Egg white, 1 serving 17 0 0 5  Egg, fresh, 2 large 140 0 10 12  Canadian Bacon, 2 slices (6 per 6-oz pkg.) 86 1 4 11  Land O'Lakes Deli Co-Jack Cheese (1 slice), 1 serving 110 0 9 7  Lunch    Cucumber (peeled), 0.5 medium 12 2 0 1  Beef Brats - Beddar w Cheddar Smoked Sausage, 1 serving 210 3 18 8  Cheddar Cheese, 1 slice (1 oz) 114 0 9 7  Beef, 80% lean/20% fat -hamburger, ground chuck: (1s=8oz/1patty), 0.5 serving 115 0 8 11  Dinner    Chicken fajitasChicken Breast, no skin, 3 ounces 94 0 1 20  Green Peppers (bell peppers), 0.5 cup, strips 19 5 0 1  Butter, salted, 1 tbsp 102 0 12 0  Kraft Colby Monterey Jack Cheese, 1 oz 100 0 9 6  Sour Cream, 1 tbsp 26 1 3 0  Aldi's Casa Mamasita Medium Salsa, 2 tbsp 10 2 0 0  Mama Lupe's, 7-inch Low-Carb Tortilla, 1 serving 60 7 3 5  (this is really 3 net carbs-fiber is 4 gm's)  snack 2    Cheese Kraft Jalapeno String 1 Stick, 1 serving 80 1 5 7          CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN  Totals:    1,726    24    137    103  70.9% fat

Dr. Rocky Patel
    Participant

Good luck, glad your first day went wellI would suggest adding vitamin d3 supplement to your fish oil, if you are not already doing one, but definitely get your level checked periodicallyIf you like iced coffee you switch to straight mct oil and the clumping should be an issue

NewJenn

Thanks for the d3 and oil suggestion, I'll add those to my list of things to get. I am used to eating alot of fruit so this is a bit difficult especially this time of year. I plan on adding more veggies as I learn which work and which don't. Luckily I love spinach, cucumbers, and asparagus!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Starting tomorrow-Any advice for females?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?