Suicide squats

• This topic has 6 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XbITRTfEe8I'm actually surprised by the results.Anyone got the balls to try themselves?

TCB
    Participant

Ha, just saw this the other day. A local CF box posted it to facebook.Have to say, I wasn't surprised at the weightlifter being at the top, but was kind of surprised the powerlifter was.. Surprised the strongman didn't come in closer to the top, and no surprise the bodybuilder didn't do well at all.That being said, I'm out! ha, that would be a suck fest.

Ha, just saw this the other day. A local CF box posted it to facebook.Have to say, I wasn't surprised at the weightlifter being at the top, but was kind of surprised the powerlifter was.. Surprised the strongman didn't come in closer to the top, and no surprise the bodybuilder didn't do well at all.That being said, I'm out! ha, that would be a suck fest.

Those were my exact thoughts.

Looks like fun. Well… that special kind of fun. Have to try that out when I get the chance. 🙂

Richard Schmitt

This would hurt…

Caino
    Participant

It all depends on how elite the athlete is too, put a chinese weightlifter in there and he would tripple that, they dont show their backround at all, imagine tom platz doing it? Good video though, that powerlifter is in beast mode

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Strongmen really don't train the squat much.  It's considered just an assistance exercise to help with the deadlift.  So who won this thing?  it didn't say in the video.

Strongmen really don't train the squat much.  It's considered just an assistance exercise to help with the deadlift.  So who won this thing?  it didn't say in the video.

My bad, I posted the trailer.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R68g184ag&feature=c4-overview&list=UU0ahC64OhIAS11TJX9Ig86AIf you don't want to watch, the weight lifter and powerlifter tied.

Scope75

So its just squating your BW for 5 minutes non stop??I have squats and my CN planned for tonight so I may have to load up 200 and give this a go.

Richard Schmitt

Great glycogen depleting session for sure

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

My bad, I posted the trailer.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R68g184ag&feature=c4-overview&list=UU0ahC64OhIAS11TJX9Ig86AIf you don't want to watch, the weight lifter and powerlifter tied.

Ok well those results aren't surprising at all.  Those are the two athletes that actually squat a lot.  However, I think this test is sort of stupid.  I think it would be much interesting if they had a pushup contest, though the weightlifter might have struggled with that since they don't do too much pressing.

TCB
    Participant

I purely thought the strongman would do better just because they tend to train in a little longer time domains than WL'ers and PL'ers so I thought he'd be able to keep up a bit better. And yeah, the WL'er probably would have done terrible on the pushups, haAs for a Chinese lifter doing it, I'd love to see Liu do that. Crazy little dude would probably keep going just because.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I purely thought the strongman would do better just because they tend to train in a little longer time domains than WL'ers and PL'ers so I thought he'd be able to keep up a bit better. And yeah, the WL'er probably would have done terrible on the pushups, haAs for a Chinese lifter doing it, I'd love to see Liu do that. Crazy little dude would probably keep going just because.

While strongmen have excellent strength endurance (bodybuilders do as well) there is a skill component to squat and you also have to consider the muscular development of the squatting muscles.  The strongman probably lacks the quad development needed to handle squatting like that.  The bodybuilder probably just didn't squat enough, though if he did squat a lot, the bodybuilder may have actually won.This is actually why I suggested the pushups.  Simple movement and not really CNS intensive.  It removes the skill component from the equation.  While I do think WLer potentially could have issues, most likely I think he could handle it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Suicide squats

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?