SWP logs

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Martin Tran
    Participant

Does anyone have a thread they'd recommend to follow. I'm looking for an example of SWP (jacked) and how to progress with it efficiently.

ChetSteadman
    Participant

Do you mean specifically how to progress with the PSR movements? If so, I was unsure of how the progression should happen too. What I'm doing is basically adding the same weight to each mini set.For example, I do strict cleans in PSR fashion.Set 1 = 45Set 2 = 55...Set 5 = 85I have progressed to Set 1 = 55Set 2 = 65...Set 5 = 95I just feel like adding different amounts to different sets or only increasing one set at a time is too complicated. I like to keep things simple. This way, I can just throw on the offset(5 lb increase) on the bar first and keep the exact same plate setup that I will be adding with each additional set. If you increase enough though, you'll eventually need to recalculate the approximate weight for each set. So if I work my way up to 135 for strict cleans for example, I would probably reset to 55/75/95/115/135 or something along those lines.

Martin Tran
    Participant

I was looking for more along the lines of: has anyone put on lean mass by sticking with the SWP: Jacked layout as per e-book?

I was looking for more along the lines of: has anyone put on lean mass by sticking with the SWP: Jacked layout as per e-book?

As laid out it's not the most effective.Keifer has recommened, and I totally agree and have seen this work myself, doing extended PSR sets. So you may make slower ramps but you end up with 8-15 total "sets".You could also Ramp it like normal, but do it 2-4 times over.You just need more volume then as written to make it most effective.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SWP logs

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?