Taking BCAAs how often & when

• This topic has 3 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ronald prasek
    Participant

Im just wondering because doing MI40 and BPak stresses BCAAs morning, pre wo, peri & post.  Is anyone following anything hear this.  Im on CBL right now taking CS 1 hr post and i take BCAAs then but nothing earlier in the day.  I dont take anything peri and i dont think i need to with CBL protocol, but was just wondering about an hour after waking or pre WO, will that mess with insulin?

Rob Haas

I do the same with BCAA's – post mostly because I have them. Once it runs out it will be CS or Leucine only. I have experimented and taken it intra-WO with some glutamine and electrolytes and have found no adverse effects but not necessarily and positive effects either.

ronald prasek
    Participant

Rob are you taking them in the morning after waking up or pre WO, thats all i was really concerned about.  Im not gonna do anything peri because i dont want to mess any of the processes up from working out, then hit the CS with the PWO 1hr after.  Im really just wondering about the early part of the day, i just want to avoid any insulin spikes early or throw off any processes

Rob Haas

Rob are you taking them in the morning after waking up or pre WO, thats all i was really concerned about.  Im not gonna do anything peri because i dont want to mess any of the processes up from working out, then hit the CS with the PWO 1hr after.  Im really just wondering about the early part of the day, i just want to avoid any insulin spikes early or throw off any processes

No, definitely not in the morning.I try to time my meals so I fast for at least 12 hours then it MCT, caffiene & no more than 12 grams of whey. I'm very careful not to do anything to raise insulin for at least the first half of the day. The only time I have found BCAA's really hasn't made a noticeable difference is intra work out but that will stop when the BCAA's I have run out.

ronald prasek
    Participant

Ok cool, thanks, thats the way i was running it also, i just wanted to see if anyone was using them in the early part of the day, i didnt know if they would make a difference.  Since i dont want any insulin spikes until after WO, im like you just fats & protein early, less then 10g of whey if i do with MCTs, then spike it after WO.  Im more concerned with keeping fat off while gaining muscle but not worried about how fast i gain muscle as long as im not going up in fat %, im went CN for 5 months to get to 10-11% now and been on CBL for a month and im holding steady, possible dropping so im good with that

Rob Haas

im went CN for 5 months to get to 10-11% now and been on CBL for a month and im holding steady, possible dropping so im good with that

That's awesome @ 10 - 11%. I have no idea exactly where I'm at but am as lean as I have ever been. Thinking about the bodpod deal but not sure how accurate that is either.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Do you guys have any recommendations on where to get decent quality leucine and/or BCAAs for a good price?They're kind of expensive to be playing trial and error with.

Richard Schmitt

Do you guys have any recommendations on where to get decent quality leucine and/or BCAAs for a good price?They're kind of expensive to be playing trial and error with.

I got mine on sale from supplementwarehouse.com or True Nutrition.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I got mine on sale from supplementwarehouse.com or True Nutrition.

Nice prices, thanks. Is there any reason to choose one of these over the other quality-wise?1. http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/viewitem.asp?idproduct=1952762. http://www.truenutrition.com/p-975-l-leucine-powder-500-grams.aspx#

Richard Schmitt

Quality is the pretty much the same. I didn't say price because it was a sale, not that it is the same now, I think I got it for $10 each on Supplement Warehouse.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Wow, that was a bargain. Their everyday prices aren't bad though.The main thing I wanted was some input on quality. Thanks again.EDIT: I ordered the one from True Nutrition, the price was a little better and they accept PayPal.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Taking BCAAs how often & when

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?