Teen CBL/CN final help?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alki Anastassiou
    Participant

I know I have asked a similar question a while ago and a lot of guys helped me but I just want to give a bit of an update and maybe a new protocol can be utilized?
    So I am 16y/o, just over 150lbs and roughly 15% BF.
    I want to hit 10% BF before bulking. I have planned roughly a 3-4month cutting phase where I will probably end up 143lbs (somewhere there)

I have experimented with both CN and CBL (cbl not really calorie restricted though)
    Should I go with CBL or CN (obviously with a slight calorie deficit majority of the time)

Thank you

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

It depends on your training and daily activity. Long session with a lot of volume? Eat carbs. High intensity but lower volume? Carb Nite could be enough.
    It also depends on your carb tolerance, hence why the “could be enough” stated above.

Most importantly, it all boils down to 1) energy deficit and 2) adherence. You need to eat less than you expend to lose body mass. Now you have to find an approach you can stick to to achieve that deficit.

In the end, you can do whatever dietary approach you want, and none of us here can tell you to “do this” or “do that.”

I don’t know if it was to you or another young man that I said this, but as a 16 year old, don’t complicate your life with minutia like these. Eat well, train hard, and enjoy your teen life.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Alki Anastassiou
    Participant

It depends on your training and daily activity. Long session with a lot of volume? Eat carbs. High intensity but lower volume? Carb Nite could be enough.
    It also depends on your carb tolerance, hence why the “could be enough” stated above.

Most importantly, it all boils down to 1) energy deficit and 2) adherence. You need to eat less than you expend to lose body mass. Now you have to find an approach you can stick to to achieve that deficit.

In the end, you can do whatever dietary approach you want, and none of us here can tell you to “do this” or “do that.”

I don’t know if it was to you or another young man that I said this, but as a 16 year old, don’t complicate your life with minutia like these. Eat well, train hard, and enjoy your teen life.

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Teen CBL/CN final help?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?