Testosterone supplements and/or foods

• This topic has 16 voices and 68 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

jcgomez

Is anyone taking any supplements or eating any foods with the goal of increasing testosterone? If so, what has your experience been?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Testosterone supplements don't work.  Unless you are not talking about actual supplements and you are talking about the good stuff.

Testosterone supplements don't work.  Unless you are not talking about actual supplements and you are talking about the good stuff.

Haha the good stuff used to be supplements before the damn FDA pulled it all. Ah I remember when Gaspari's Haladrol was Dbol... good timesSeriously though, give us some examples of what you are looking at. Some things do work yes, but take Tribulus, it only works for part of the population and at that it takes a while for it to work and it might only boost you 140% of your norm. (and I don't mean doubling on top of what you are making)Now I am not someone to endorse currently "non-legal" supplements, but they are safer than a lot of the fake chemical junk that floods the shelves of a lot of stores. Even more so some of the supplements you can get online. Either way you have an actual item you are looking at I can guarantee one of us knows about it

jcgomez

I was thinking things like walnuts.

hahaha okWell I can promise you no food is going to boost your test levels. Only thing through food you might do is not inhibit your natural ones. Like making sure you have enough vit d and/or zinc

B.

There are plenty of legal supplements, foods, and even vitamins that can boost your testosterone levels.  One particular website that I like to frequent is http://www.ergo-log.com/.  This site is dedicated to finding ergogenic research and disseminating it amongst those of us who are looking for that edge.  I would suggest that you start there.  I will admit that I have used a few different ideas based on the information I have read from that site, and while I'm hesitant to really go into details as to what I have tried (you need to be your own test subject), I will point you in the direction of ginger and leave it at that.…I will also say that onion juice tastes…potent.  😮

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

…I will also say that onion juice tastes…potent.  😮

I'll take your word for that 😛

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Food and vitamins can't “boost” you testosterone, but if your diet sucks and you are deficient in certain nutrients, your T levels can suffer.  If you fix this your T levels will go up, but it really isn't boosting your testosterone, but rather fixing it.

B.

Let's say we go back in time just ten years.  If you discovered then that taking 5,000 – 10,000 IU of vitamin D daily significantly raised your testosterone levels, you would probably think that you were gaining an unnatural “boost” considering the RDA was like 400IU back then.  Today we don't call it “boosting” we call it optimizing because we know better now.  Let's jump back into the Delorean and head into the future ten years.  Perhaps at that time you ask on the DH forum the question "How can I further optimize my testosterone levels?", and someone asks if you're drinking your gallon of onion juice everyday.  (a silly example, I know)What I'm getting at, is that there is so much more to food, herbs, and vitamins than we currently know.  To say that food or vitamins can't raise testosterone, is a bit too strong of a statement.  A better answer, and what my answer should have been, is that they MIGHT raise ones testosterone but that current research doesn't yet prove anything conclusively, at least in humans.  Rats on the other hand seem to get a testosterone boost when exposed to all sorts of different supplemental and dietary protocols.  Science needs to look at the why, and see if there's any possible carryover into human studies.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Let's say we go back in time just ten years.  If you discovered then that taking 5,000 - 10,000 IU of vitamin D daily significantly raised your testosterone levels, you would probably think that you were gaining an unnatural "boost" considering the RDA was like 400IU back then.  Today we don't call it "boosting" we call it optimizing because we know better now.  Let's jump back into the Delorean and head into the future ten years.  Perhaps at that time you ask on the DH forum the question "How can I further optimize my testosterone levels?", and someone asks if you're drinking your gallon of onion juice everyday.  (a silly example, I know)What I'm getting at, is that there is so much more to food, herbs, and vitamins than we currently know.  To say that food or vitamins can't raise testosterone, is a bit too strong of a statement.  A better answer, and what my answer should have been, is that they MIGHT raise ones testosterone but that current research doesn't yet prove anything conclusively, at least in humans.  Rats on the other hand seem to get a testosterone boost when exposed to all sorts of different supplemental and dietary protocols.  Science needs to look at the why, and see if there's any possible carryover into human studies.

I understand, but until I have not seen proof otherwise.  The RDA for Vitamin D is to prevent Rickets.  As I'm sure you know, if you are in the sun for a day you produce 20,000 IU of Vitamin D, which is peanuts compared to what most people supplement with.  When I say deficient I mean what your body needs for optimal health, not what it needs to prevent Rickets and Scurvy.If you someone who got plenty of sunlight, thus all the Vitamin D their body would want, supplementing with Vitamin D would not raise T levels.  I do reccomend supplementing with Vitamin D though because most people don't get enough, due to the fact people most people sit insude all day.  Also if you live up north you won't be getting enough in the winter.

Bonesaw93

Let's say we go back in time just ten years.  If you discovered then that taking 5,000 - 10,000 IU of vitamin D daily significantly raised your testosterone levels, you would probably think that you were gaining an unnatural "boost" considering the RDA was like 400IU back then.  Today we don't call it "boosting" we call it optimizing because we know better now.  Let's jump back into the Delorean and head into the future ten years.  Perhaps at that time you ask on the DH forum the question "How can I further optimize my testosterone levels?", and someone asks if you're drinking your gallon of onion juice everyday.  (a silly example, I know)What I'm getting at, is that there is so much more to food, herbs, and vitamins than we currently know.  To say that food or vitamins can't raise testosterone, is a bit too strong of a statement.  A better answer, and what my answer should have been, is that they MIGHT raise ones testosterone but that current research doesn't yet prove anything conclusively, at least in humans.  Rats on the other hand seem to get a testosterone boost when exposed to all sorts of different supplemental and dietary protocols.  Science needs to look at the why, and see if there's any possible carryover into human studies.

I understand, but until I have not seen proof otherwise.  The RDA for Vitamin D is to prevent Rickets.  As I'm sure you know, if you are in the sun for a day you produce 20,000 IU of Vitamin D, which is peanuts compared to what most people supplement with.  When I say deficient I mean what your body needs for optimal health, not what it needs to prevent Rickets and Scurvy.If you someone who got plenty of sunlight, thus all the Vitamin D their body would want, supplementing with Vitamin D would not raise T levels.  I do reccomend supplementing with Vitamin D though because most people don't get enough, due to the fact people most people sit insude all day.  Also if you live up north you won't be getting enough in the winter.

I'm sorry this is off topic but most people supplement with more than 20,000 IU a day of Vit. D?  Or are you talking the twice a week high dose type of thing?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Yea I was in a huge hurry when I typed that, it is full of errors.  I meant what most people supplement with is peanuts compared to what they get if they spend a day in the sun. 

Scele

I've been trying out http://www.nanox-nutriceuticals.com/ for the last 10 days, of course I busted my shoulder 3 days after starting it so I haven't really seen if it works in other ways than an increased libido and more zits. I did bust a plateau in body fat/body weight on the 4th day after taking it for the first time. However, that could also be related to cutting out sugar alcohols.

Is anyone taking any supplements or eating any foods with the goal of increasing testosterone? If so, what has your experience been?

Most natural boosters are bull$h1t, but D-Aspartic Acid works.It boosts "T" by 30-40% in the normal range (from your base levels).  However, if your base levels are low to begin with, 40% won't do much.  If your base levels are average or higher, you will notice a decent effect.D-Aspartic Acid has been tested in human trials, and it DOES work.  I've used it, and I can also attest to the boost.  Another guy, on these forums, used it as well, got bloodwork, and the "T" boost was confirmed in the screening.Cycle it for 8 weeks, with a 4 week break before continuing.  The boost occurs within the first 2-3 days, reaching peak boost by the 10-12 day mark.http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/d-aspartic-acid-daa-80-grams.htmlCory

jtrouve63

Cory, how/when do you take DAA? Just mix in water? Pre/post workout?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Testosterone supplements and/or foods

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?