The IronMan Backloader?

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

patrickhitches
    Keymaster

Late last summer I made an agreement that I am currently having a serious case of denial with. A buddy and I decided 2012 would be a year of the Ultimate Trifecta, tackling 3 areas of fitness; Olympic Weightlifting Competition BodyBuilding ShowIronManFirst 2 are checked off the box and in the coming weeks I am on timeline to start IronMan training. Damned be myself for enjoying challenging life scenarios. My dilemma is that I discovered Backloading post bodybuilding show and I don't want to stop. I'm an addict of sorts. But in order to fulfill my end of the Trifecta I need to make a decision on how I'll eat moving forward. Question: Looking for insight as to how my body would respond if I continued to backload when my training adjusts (I would still try to hit weights hard at least 2-3 days a week) into an endurance phase... And I cringe at even saying this out loud. Thoughts?

sckiely
    Participant

This would still work for you as long as you backloaded on the days you lifted. If you are already happy with your CBL progress then you have obviously learnt to read your bodies signals?So if you still lift heavy 3x a week then start by just backloading on those days, you may however have to add some small back loads in on other days too though depending on recovery.As long as you follow the basic format, ULC early in the day then save carbs for evening/ after training. Then you should have enough energy to get through the endurance stuff too without negatively effecting your body comp!

patrickhitches

As long as you follow the basic format, ULC early in the day then save carbs for evening/ after training. Then you should have enough energy to get through the endurance stuff too without negatively effecting your body comp!

I know Kiefer talks of how endurance can negatively effect the protocol... But in all sincerity, I think I'll give it a try. If I can keep the training volume necessary and still perform, that would be ideal. Thanks for the input!

donutslayer

How did the Ironman go on the ULC? I run 100 milers so I am looking at the same nutrition protocol. Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The IronMan Backloader?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?