The whole low carb diet will KILL YOU!! apparently as bad as smoking

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2573088/Eating-lots-meat-cheese-middle-age-deadly-SMOKING.htmlWhy is it every week a new food is going to give us cancer. If all these studies are linking food groups to triggering cancer, then surely they can prevent it!It seems a very small study with not much of a definitive conclusion. I would very much like to find the actual study to read if anyone can help.

Spatz

I find it humorous that Professor Valter Longo, who is spouting this nonsense, is a vegetarian. Coincidence? I think not. Also they keep referring to this “study” without providing it. Seems fishy to me and not very convincing. I loved the last few paragraphs though… “Dr Carrie Ruxton, an independent dietician and spokesman for the industry-funded Meat Advisory Panel, said the result may be due to those who ate non-animal protein getting more fibre from fruit and vegetables.”Wait what? They didn't actually specify where their protein came from yet they are claiming that it must be from the red meat and cheese??? I feel that prof. Longo is reaching here and pretty much trying to point fingers. I like how they wrote that Dr Ruxton was funded by the Meat advisory panel, but didn't give us any background on Longo. "See, Ruxton is just defending meat because she's funded by them..." Honestly, kind of ridiculous. I'd be mildly curious to see the original study, but I'm not going to search around for it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJH76

The risks of smoking are generally inflated by researchers, precisely because it's either difficult in any given study, or said researchers would rather not control for multiple variables between populations. I.e., smokers tend to have significantly worse diet and exercise in comparison with non-smokers. If a person is obese and eats terribly and they smoke, then have a heart attack then the smoking is automatically the primary cause of death.  That said, the findings of this study in no way contradict either the NCS or CBL diets.  These diets are only ULC for the first 10 days.  While they're ULC during parts of the week, they aren't ULC diets.  CNS is meant to be a temporary fat loss diet only, and the 5 day average of total carb intake isn't ULC.  Once you lose the fat on CNS there's no dietary advantage to remaining on a high protein, low carb diet.  You simply don't over eat, eat more of your calories in the evening, and don't eat a lot of low-GI foods that cause long insulin spikes that reduce the period that the body is burning fat. Kiefer explicitly states that he assumes a person will go back to eating more carbs regularly after losing weight on CNS. CBL simply shifts around when different proportions and combinations of macronutrients are eaten over a week, and is higher carb than most diets. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The whole low carb diet will KILL YOU!! apparently as bad as smoking

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?