Tonight is my first carb nite!

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lerouquin
    Keymaster

Hooray! I'm down 9 lbs. in 9 days and I'm feeling good. I just hit up the grocery store for my first carb nite and I bought way more than I'll need, so I'll definitely stock up for the next carb nite, as well. I find that now that I'm not eating these sweets daily anymore, having them around is not a problem and temptation is not an issue for me. Here is my plan. Please feel free to let me know if you think it needs tweaking:- 4:30-5:30: Hard workout (weightlifting)- 5:30: PWO shake (whey isolate) and a six-inch high-protein, low-fat sub from Subway (I read I'm supposed to limit my fat intake for the first meal. Also I haven't gotten Leucine yet. Normally, I would take it now.)- 6:30: Bagel w/Nutella and/or bowl of Fruity Pebbles (my vice)- 7:30: Freshly-made cookies/donuts ad nauseam- 9:00: Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream (yummmmm)What do you think? Too much? Not enough? Really looking forward to my first sweets in nine days!Thanks,Kevin

Luis S.

Sounds good but you lost 9 pounds? Dam in my opinion your nowhere near the amount of carbs for how much you should be eating. Try shooting for at leas 900g carbs on your carb nite. At least!

lerouquin

You might be right:Six-inch sub (56 carbs), chips (23 carbs)Bagel (53 carbs), Nutella (44 carbs)Cereal (46 carbs), Milk (24 carbs)Two doughnuts (24 carbs each = 48 carbs)Three cookies (19 carbs each = 57 carbs)Ice cream (144 carbs)I'm approximating about 500 carbs overall, give or take. I honestly don't know if I will be physically able to eat that much food tonight, but dang it, I will try. Any suggestions to increase the carb intake? Subway sweet tea (my fav) has a shit ton of carbs, but just as much sugar. Should I just go for it?

Luis S.

In my opinion, you can never go wrong with cookies lol. Thats my personal favorite for carb nites, but there are other options. Sweet stuff like that usually has more carbs, and it fills you up less than rice or pasta.On my carb nite i usually incorporate about 100 grams of dextrose which is a quick and painless way to get a lot of carbs in at one time. Try this.-Pwo shake with dextrose in it.-eat a whole pizza-make a batch of cookies or brownies, drown them in hot fudge and throw a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream on top(easily around 300-400 grams of carbs)-make some home made mashed potatoes and some gravy which is also full of carbsBelieve me when your full and cant eat enough, then your still not there yet lol. How i usually know i hit it right is when im laying in my bed in the fetal position lol.

Naomi Most

Oh, to have the problems the menfolk have.  I can assure any women reading this, you are most likely fully and completely done with your carbs when you feel full.  No need even to stuff yourself.

lerouquin

Thanks to everyone for your support. I took in somewhere between 500-700 grams of carbs last night. After my workout and PWO shake, I ditched the small sub for pizza and crazy bread from Little Caesars. After eating that, I experienced some discomfort, as I felt like I had a carb brick in my stomach for a while. Once that went away, I kept on truckin' with the doughnuts, cookies, and ice cream… all while my boyfriend sat there and rolled his eyes at me. I already have some ideas how to increase my carb intake next time without having to, say, eat a whole pint of ice cream and feel like I'm gonna burst. It really was my first carb marathon. I went to bed a bit dazed and was definitely bloated and I felt like a fatass. All night, I was a furnace. I woke up with the sweats a few times, but fell back asleep happy, knowing that what I did was working.This morning, out of some morbid curiosity, I weighed myself: only two pounds heavier. I was expecting something crazy, I think. In any case, back to the grind and tuna salads for lunch. 🙂Thanks again, everyone!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tonight is my first carb nite!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?