tons of protein shakes in preparation phase schedule

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kev
    Keymaster

I was under the assumption that it was bad to consume whey isolate in large doses as it causes insulin spikes. I thought it would probably be best to avoid taking whey until after the prep phase. But I recently purchased the book and in the index are a whole bunch of preparation phase schedules. All of them call for serious dosages of shakes that each have 10g or even 20g of whey isolate. I'm just really confused because this seems to contradict what I've been reading.

maxwkw

Real food is better. If you are completely stuck just make sure you have a fair amount of fat with it.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

10g shouldn't be enough to spike insulin. It's 1/4 of what the manufacturer of the protein I use call a portion. That's what you're supposed to have in the AM accelerators.

Kev

okay thanks! and I also have another question regarding the prep phase. If I do decide to train, when exactly should I eat post workout. Directly after, or a couple minutes/hours?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Oh no, post workout you should have whey protein and leucine, just no carbs.  The no protein powder is just for meals.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

tons of protein shakes in preparation phase schedule

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?