Too much fish?

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Leo Solis
    Participant

Given my extremley limited food budget, I was considering using fish (basically non-caned sardines and mullet), as my main source of protein. Those are the cheapest meats I can get, and as far as I know they are low in the food chain so they have little chance to store much contaminants (compared to bigger predatory fish like tuna). Plus they are high in omega 3, and by far cheaper than wild salmon. My real concern is with protein allergies,  would it really be a problem under this circumstances (eating large amounts of fish on a daily basis)?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

What's a protein allergy? I seem to remember that most allergens are proteins, but that's not the same as being allergic to protein. That would kill you quite quickly I think. 😛If you are worried that you will become allergic to fish, I would just cycle it. Being exposed to an allergen over time may make you allergic to it.On the other hand - some inuit tribes have lived on nothing but fish for generations with no problems. My own ancestors (Norwegian, not Inuit :P) ate nothing but atlantic herring (or cod depending on the season) and potatoes for long stretches of time.

Leo Solis
    Participant

Yes thats what I have thought, just as a preventive measure, to cycle fish with beef or chicken  one week every month.

amedio

I eat about 8-12 ounces of fish per day, about five times a week. I do not consume beef, pork or poultry. I feel great and energetic everyday. I think you will be fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Too much fish?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?