Tricep Long Head

• This topic has 7 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Found this article on T-Nation.  http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/building_bodybuilder_tricepsYou might just consider moving your back workout 48 hours later in the week, that way the triceps will be fully recovered from the start of your back workout, or you could switch from Chest and triceps to Back and triceps work.  I've honestly never felt my triceps limiting what I can pull on back movements and heavy pullovers I utilize very infrequently as they don't seem to target what I want to hit, but everyone is different in how they feel certain exercises.

Thanks, i will check that article out when i get a chance today.    It's not that they limit me i just want them to be able to fully recover... I have good overall triceps development but looking to increase size further i  realized this could be an issue in reaching those 19+ inch arms... Wouldn't hurt to move back to Wednesday though just in case.

I hear you.  I'd love to finally hit 18".  19+" seems like a distant dream, at the moment.Baby steps.John Cena has 19s, so does The Rock.Dolph Lundgren had 17s in Rocky IV, so did Stallone.Van Damme had 16.5s in Bloodsport.Vin Deisel had 16s in Pitch Black.Wish I knew what Michael Jai White's measurements are, specifically in Blood & Bone.  My guess is 18s, or about that.  Scott Adkins looked about 16.5s in Undisputed 2, and Jai White was considerably larger....just to put things into perspective using action stars, not pro bodybuilders.Cory

Big_R
    Participant

Found this article on T-Nation.  http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/building_bodybuilder_tricepsYou might just consider moving your back workout 48 hours later in the week, that way the triceps will be fully recovered from the start of your back workout, or you could switch from Chest and triceps to Back and triceps work.  I've honestly never felt my triceps limiting what I can pull on back movements and heavy pullovers I utilize very infrequently as they don't seem to target what I want to hit, but everyone is different in how they feel certain exercises.

Thanks, i will check that article out when i get a chance today.    It's not that they limit me i just want them to be able to fully recover... I have good overall triceps development but looking to increase size further i  realized this could be an issue in reaching those 19+ inch arms... Wouldn't hurt to move back to Wednesday though just in case.

I hear you.  I'd love to finally hit 18".  19+" seems like a distant dream, at the moment.Baby steps.John Cena has 19s, so does The Rock.Dolph Lundgren had 17s in Rocky IV, so did Stallone.Van Damme had 16.5s in Bloodsport.Vin Deisel had 16s in Pitch Black.Wish I knew what Michael Jai White's measurements are, specifically in Blood & Bone.  My guess is 18s, or about that.  Scott Adkins looked about 16.5s in Undisputed 2, and Jai White was considerably larger....just to put things into perspective using action stars, not pro bodybuilders.Cory

Anything is possible if you want it bad enough... I just make sure i'm not satisfied and keep striving to attain that greatness.Ha!  I specifically put in my CBL log JOHN CENA ARMS  LOL,  that dude has some damn good shape.  I'm suprised he's only 19s

Anything is possible if you want it bad enough... I just make sure i'm not satisfied and keep striving to attain that greatness.Ha!  I specifically put in my CBL log JOHN CENA ARMS  LOL,  that dude has some damn good shape.  I'm suprised he's only 19s

I agree, through desire, drive, and effort, anything is possible.  Even if that makes you look crazy compared to the man on the street!  LOL.Yep, according to M&F magazine, in the recent "arms" issue, Cena was noted as 19", so was The Rock.  He is quite cut, and definition can make you look even bigger (19" looking like 20+").I got 16" arms, and as the def. keeps rolling in on CNS, they just look bigger and better w/o added size.  All illusion.  Better than your average, undefined 18" 'fatceps', which I see on a lot of (guys who are on a never-ending dirty bulks).Cory

Big_R
    Participant

I agree, through desire, drive, and effort, anything is possible.  Even if that makes you look crazy compared to the man on the street!  LOL.Yep, according to M&F magazine, in the recent "arms" issue, Cena was noted as 19", so was The Rock.  He is quite cut, and definition can make you look even bigger (19" looking like 20+").I got 16" arms, and as the def. keeps rolling in on CNS, they just look bigger and better w/o added size.  All illusion.  Better than your average, undefined 18" 'fatceps', which I see on a lot of (guys who are on a never-ending dirty bulks).Cory

cena is a bad ass mother trucker tho!  LOLtell you what, there are a few of those fat fuck3rs at my gym too... flabby ass arms, sure they are big, but you are benching 135 buddy.    their are a few of them that walk around like they are tough sh!t.    haha  makes me laugh everytimeKiefer looked pretty jacked in that one picture (look like he was doing a BB shrug or deadlift).  I bet he got some 19s

cena is a bad ass mother trucker tho!  LOLtell you what, there are a few of those fat fuck3rs at my gym too... flabby ass arms, sure they are big, but you are benching 135 buddy.    their are a few of them that walk around like they are tough sh!t.    haha  makes me laugh everytimeKiefer looked pretty jacked in that one picture (look like he was doing a BB shrug or deadlift).  I bet he got some 19s

I love doing Deads, Rack Pulls or Shrugs in front of a mirror -- they contract so many upper-body muscles, all at once, and leave me feeling jacked-as-f*ck!  😀As for guys in the gym walking around "tough $h1t", plenty of those where I train... the worst ones are those who make unecessary amounts of noise, while lifting and while NOT lifting, trying to get attention from their "gym buddies" and others.I train quiet... DEAD quiet.  Even during difficult or painful lifts, I might breathe a little heavier or deeper, but rarely grunt, let alone burst out in maniacal noise.Cory

Big_R
    Participant

I love doing Deads, Rack Pulls or Shrugs in front of a mirror -- they contract so many upper-body muscles, all at once, and leave me feeling jacked-as-f*ck!  😀As for guys in the gym walking around "tough $h1t", plenty of those where I train... the worst ones are those who make unecessary amounts of noise, while lifting and while NOT lifting, trying to get attention from their "gym buddies" and others.I train quiet... DEAD quiet.  Even during difficult or painful lifts, I might breathe a little heavier or deeper, but rarely grunt, let alone burst out in maniacal noise.Cory

+1 brother  oh my god... there is some idiot at my gym y ... this fucking guy think he is Colossus  lol.    He doing curls going ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!      It just sounds like he is about to blow out his O-ring 

+1 brother  oh my god... there is some idiot at my gym y ... this fucking guy think he is Colossus  lol.    He doing curls going ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!      It just sounds like he is about to blow out his O-ring

If it isn't loud-@$$ motherf-ckers, it is the "night clubbers"... you know, the types who use the gym as a "night club", to socialize, meet women, etc.  Anything but lift with intensity.That is just annoying on its own, trying to lift with yapping in the background, but when you are trying to work-in at a station with these d0uchebags, it becomes an obstacle to your goals.The other night, I was doing machine dips to finish off tri's... and some f-cker and his friend were having a heated conversation... he just wouldn't start the set that I was WAITING for him to finish.I tried giving him looks, to give the hint cordially... didn't work.  Had to get verbal to remind him that others ARE trying to work here.  That worked, he got on with it.  His friend even pushed him at that point, too.And these people wonder why they don't see show-stopping progress.Cory

Big_R
    Participant

If it isn't loud-@$$ motherf-ckers, it is the "night clubbers"... you know, the types who use the gym as a "night club", to socialize, meet women, etc.  Anything but lift with intensity.That is just annoying on its own, trying to lift with yapping in the background, but when you are trying to work-in at a station with these d0uchebags, it becomes an obstacle to your goals.The other night, I was doing machine dips to finish off tri's... and some f-cker and his friend were having a heated conversation... he just wouldn't start the set that I was WAITING for him to finish.I tried giving him looks, to give the hint cordially... didn't work.  Had to get verbal to remind him that others ARE trying to work here.  That worked, he got on with it.  His friend even pushed him at that point, too.And these people wonder why they don't see show-stopping progress.Cory

I think my "shit talking" thread needs an update.  LOL!    i used to listen to a couple nerds talk about world of warcraft.  The one guy would hike his leg up on a bench and the other guy would be doing half-ass curls with 10 lb dumbbells, looking up at him and staring into his eyes.    These guys were homo -->  they both look like Howard from the  big bang theory 

I think my "shit talking" thread needs an update.  LOL!    i used to listen to a couple nerds talk about world of warcraft.  The one guy would hike his leg up on a bench and the other guy would be doing half-ass curls with 10 lb dumbbells, looking up at him and staring into his eyes.    These guys were homo -->  they both look like Howard from the  big bang theory

Yeah, this has definitely verged into $h1t-talking territory.  HAHA.It started out so harmlessly... about heads of the tri's, too.Speaking of feeling the tri's during a back workout.  Last night, I was hitting back.  On the last couple reps of my final set of pulldowns, I could feel the tricep working around the upper insertion point.  It was a heavy set, and the tri's only kicked-in when I was nearing failure on that last set, and my lats were about to give out.I DEFINITELY felt them during my Flat-Bench DB Pullovers, too.Can't say it felt like my tri's got a sufficient workout, and I wouldn't say I fear over-training, but I definitely felt them get involved.Cory

Big_R
    Participant

Yeah, this has definitely verged into $h1t-talking territory.  HAHA.It started out so harmlessly... about heads of the tri's, too.Speaking of feeling the tri's during a back workout.  Last night, I was hitting back.  On the last couple reps of my final set of pulldowns, I could feel the tricep working around the upper insertion point.  It was a heavy set, and the tri's only kicked-in when I was nearing failure on that last set, and my lats were about to give out.I DEFINITELY felt them during my Flat-Bench DB Pullovers, too.Can't say it felt like my tri's got a sufficient workout, and I wouldn't say I fear over-training, but I definitely felt them get involved.Cory

yeah, that's what i was getting at.... once the intensity of a set reaches a certain point, local muscles can't help but to contribute to the effort.  Always happens to me on my last set of pullups/ str8 arm pulldowns

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Quoteception

Damon Amato
    Participant

lol vnp

Big_R
    Participant

Quoteception

haha

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tricep Long Head

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?