Tweaking Carb Nite

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cheflady
    Keymaster

So I had my 4th carb nite the other day and really feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it. My first few carb nites were pretty heavy: pizza, friend chicken, fast food, cake. I noticed, however, that it was taking me nearly 3 or 4 days to get back to where I was pre-carb nite, and I felt like I wasn't making much fat-loss progress. So, this last carb nite, I went a little simpler. This is what it looked like:8am: Wake up, coffee with CO1pm: Flat iron steak with chimichurri sauce (yum) and a small salad (spinach, cucumbers, a few grape tomatoes and italian dressing)3pm: Handful of macadamian nuts4:30pm: Heavy lifting session6:00:  start carb niteSpicy Tuna RollSpicy Salmon Rollwaited an hour then...8 oreoshandful of crackerspopcorn (at the movies!)single serving bag of utzTHREE KRISPY KREME DONUTS (this just seemed sinful)11pm:  end carb niteI have to say, the donuts were the highlight of my night as I'd been craving them for days. 🙂Two days later and I weigh less than I did before carb nite. I also feel better that I have versus other post carb nite days. Any thoughts on why this is? Also, do you guys think I'm eating the right type of meal and/or enough leading up to carb nite? TIA!

zewski

I'd replace the nuts with some fatty meat (beef or bacon), only because fats from plant sources normally cause inflamattion, and really just aren't good at all. i know the book says they're fine, but Kiefer's learned a lot since then. I'd blame the fast food on your bad carb nites before. Less processed=better. Avoid fast fat-food as much as possible. Fat isn't bad on carb nites, but the ones that fast food places do are one of the worst things for your physiques. Also maybe the higher carbs caused a bigger spike in metabolism. I know this seems counter-intuitive, but it seems that the wilder people go (as far as carbs), the better they seem to do.

cheflady

I'd replace the nuts with some fatty meat (beef or bacon), only because fats from plant sources normally cause inflamattion, and really just aren't good at all. i know the book says they're fine, but Kiefer's learned a lot since then. I'd blame the fast food on your bad carb nites before. Less processed=better. Avoid fast fat-food as much as possible. Fat isn't bad on carb nites, but the ones that fast food places do are one of the worst things for your physiques. Also maybe the higher carbs caused a bigger spike in metabolism. I know this seems counter-intuitive, but it seems that the wilder people go (as far as carbs), the better they seem to do.

Thanks zewski! I guess I'd just read so many people's posts about five guys and pizza hut on carb nite that I'd hoped I could do the same. It seems like my body just responds better to cookies and donuts. Oh well, I guess that's not so bad. I mean, in other diets, I wouldn't even be able to eat those!On another note--and please tell me if there's a different place I should post this--I have a question about strength training. I am a pear shaped woman so ALL of my lifting is upper body. I don't even bother with legs because I bulk up so easily in my thighs, etc. and my main goal is to gain mass (not just strength) in my upper body to give me more of an hourglass shape. Can anyone recommend, or point me in the direction of, a good lifting regimen? Sorry if that's a really basic question.TIA!

Do legs…Really though, you need to train legs to grow your upper body.I'd say your best bet is a push/pull/legs split. Do more volume on your back in comparison to your chest though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tweaking Carb Nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?