Twice a day training

• This topic has 6 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

MJC

if you are lifting before your cardio Id def do a shake.  I was talking about the days I only do HIIT cardio in the am then weights later in the pm

CptSmash

Yeah, true, but I'm a high volume guy so I love hitting heavy amounts of volume.  My goals right now are primarily fat loss, so I'm thinking as long as I can keep the insulin spike to a short time frame after my workout with 10g BCAA and maybe a shot of MCT oil, I'll be able to resume the fat burning longer.Seems to be working well.  I've lost 2%BF during the last week, while Back Loading everynight after my PM workout, (which is short and consists mainly of some exercises to activate GLUT4 with 4-5 x 8-12 on a couple assistance exercises that I skipped during the AM session). What can I say there's not much to do around here at the moment, so lifting is a vice.  LOL.Typical schedule:Wake 0300AM--coffee w/ Splenda & CinnamonTrain 0330-0500AMShower/Grab Food/Work 0500-0600AM--more coffee w/ Splenda & Cinnamon0800 (or 0900 if I can hold out that long eat breakfast)--3 cups eggs/6pcs bacon1200NOON (LUNCH)--salad w/ O/V; whatever meat source I can get1500PM 2nd Work Out1600PM PWO Shake (1scoop isolated whey, creatine, D-Aspartic Acid, coffee)1730-1930PM Carb Back Load (whatever looks good, which is generally PB&J on a pita; meat; whatever high carbohydrate foods I can find--sometimes ice cream with a cookie)*Still waiting on coconut oil to get here, so I may add that in the AM.  *Probably going to try BCAA after workouts in AM (10g)

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

That shouldn't effect anything.Keifer said in the last biojacked episode that HIIT does trans-locate glut-4, he's just not sure to what extend.But since you are doing HIIT with resistance you should be more then fine.I'd just say be sure to watch your recovery.

If this is true then maybe the best time to do HIIT is at night for the density Bulking protocol?

CptSmash

I've been doing HIIT at night for almost 10 months now, since deploying overseas at about a 2-3 x week frequency in the PM with some good success.  Until I switched to CBL though I didn't really recover fully and my sleep was constantly suffering.  I've had more injuries here in the past months than I've ever had back home.  By incorporating the carbs back into my diet, I've finally started to get recovered from my workouts.  My sleep has increased immensely, or at least the levels of deep REM sleep.  I wakeup feeling good, and ready to rock.  Even while doing extreme high volume type work and keeping my bodies aesthetics.*Key note: I have to keep my performance up for long distance runs since I'm in the military, although, I try to keep the volume of high endurance work at a minimal.  But I kind of like it.  I guess I'll just have to find ways to modify it to meet CBL requirements.*

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Twice a day training

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?