Twice a day training

• This topic has 6 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

DC EVO
    Keymaster

Hey Guys,I read the book last night and will re-read again today. I didn't notice this question come up in the book but there was also a lot to take in so I may have missed it.I unfortunately have to train about 10/11am ish in the morning. I've been doing that fasted for a while now under the Renegade diet style with 531 and all is well. I realise from the book that this isn't optimal for the CBL but can be adjusted and have read the plans.Most days I don't get time to do conditioning at the end of a workout, so I do 15-20 minutes HIIT, Prowler work, Strongman Conditioning etc at the end of the day.Would this change my set up at all for dietary requirements? or would it actually make my results with CBL even more akin to those who train resistance of an evening?ThanksDC

Richard Schmitt

Ooh…yeah this is a good question, now is there a way to switch the two workouts? Like the conditioning in the morning and the lifting in the evening? You can still backload the evening prior to a morning workout, and not if you're not training the next morning.

That shouldn't effect anything.Keifer said in the last biojacked episode that HIIT does trans-locate glut-4, he's just not sure to what extend.But since you are doing HIIT with resistance you should be more then fine.I'd just say be sure to watch your recovery.

Richard Schmitt

That shouldn't effect anything.Keifer said in the last biojacked episode that HIIT does trans-locate glut-4, he's just not sure to what extend.But since you are doing HIIT with resistance you should be more then fine.I'd just say be sure to watch your recovery.

Oh yeah I should have mentioned that, just making sure HIIT doesn't really go past the 15-20 minute mark. At least that what he made out to be.

AdamFiddler

I'd be damn excited about training fasted early in the AM.  My results in all facets (fat loss, strength gain) have really taken off since I started doing this.  Remember you're backloading the night before the workout.  If you can, I would think it's best to train as early as possible after waking up.  I guess I basically just wanted to chime in and say if anything I think your training time can be an advantage.  Best of luck.-Adam

I'd be damn excited about training fasted early in the AM.  My results in all facets (fat loss, strength gain) have really taken off since I started doing this.  Remember you're backloading the night before the workout.  If you can, I would think it's best to train as early as possible after waking up.  I guess I basically just wanted to chime in and say if anything I think your training time can be an advantage.  Best of luck.-Adam

To be honest I'm not surprised about this since fasted training increase Growth factors the most.I wonder how long you need to "fast" to get the benefits of this...Normally I workout after not eating for 6-8 hours.

AdamFiddler

I just do it right after waking up: walk 1.5 miles to the gym, train, and then walk back (I think the walking actually helps as well, but not sure about on the way back).  Usually works out to be about 12-14 hours without food or so, but only 2-4 of those are waking.  -Adam

DC EVO

Thanks for the input guys.I own my own Strength & Conditioning gym, so my morning clients are done by about 10 or 11ish, which is when I get to train.Definitely not an option to do it earlier.As for swapping the sessions around, I normally have about 30 mins to play with at the end of the day before going home to the wife after clients have finished. That really only gives me enough time to warm up and smash some prowler, ropes, hammers etc and get off home.Haven't had chance to re-read the book again yet or listen to the Biojacked stuff but will start to figure out how this will all work for me. I just think the adding of resistance HIIT of an evening will allow me to deplete glycogen levels further and help put me back in that super winder of eating PM training allows others.

Richard Schmitt

Alright so then this is my .02, a lot of members might disagree with me but I hope it can be tweaked. Since you train in the mornings and do resistant HIIT in the evenings, backload in the evenings if you plan on training again the next morning (i.e. weights), if you do just some HIIT work (prowler, sleds, bike, etc), then don't backload, just got ULC that day, even if you train. SO if you Lift weights Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, then backload Monday Night, and Thursday night, and Sunday night. This will ensure you get the energy you need to train the following morning, and refill muscles. Y'all think looks decent? Hope this helps as well.

MJC

Ive brought this up before ha…  but does this mean its ok to have a PWO shake without carbs folowwing HIIT?

Richard Schmitt

Eh no not really? A PWO shake for a cardio session? Not ideal Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MJC

Tex how long have you been training?  google jeff willet, max ot cardio.  Im just trying to maintain and dont like to feel like shit all day after I do my cardio. 

Richard Schmitt

Tex how long have you been training? <--Hope you not meant to critize about anything, haven't been long say getting somewhat started in 2011, officially understand what is needed 2012.  google jeff willet, max ot cardio.  Im just trying to maintain and dont like to feel like shit all day after I do my cardio.

I understand if you need a pick me up, just giving an opinion that I don't do and wouldn't suggest anyone else to do, but if you're dead set on needing (difference between want) a PWO Shake sans carbs then by all means.

MJC

lol…  Its a valid question and been a debate for years about intense cardio and if they require bcaa's whey, carbs etc…  Its not a definative NO is what I was saying…  I would personally like to add in bcaas or whey so ill be recovered for my weight training as long as it didnt throw off the whole CBL plan like eating carbs during the day would. 

CptSmash

I'm in this boat as well.  I currently have a great schedule so I can train early mornings and mid-afternoons.  The food is my issue as I only have certain hours to access foodstuffs.I train in the AM, which just seems to work the best for me.  My program is a 5-3-1 hybrid workout focused mainly on strength exercises in the AM with some assistance exercises, followed by some HIIT or endurance runs.  Since starting on CBL, I've had to adapt my afternoon workouts to more of a hypertrophy style workout with a few exercises that I skip in the AM, just to get the GLUT 4 response.  It seems to be working quite well, so far.  The only issue is keeping the fast going in the morning, while minimalizing muscle catabolism.  I'm currently looking for research articles that would demonstrate the minimal response to insulin during the post.  I've come close so far...but no conclusive evidence yet.  MCT oil may be one solution with a small dose of BCAA. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Twice a day training

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?