Two-A-Day training + CBL

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Travis Caruana
    Participant

Hey all,Getting closer to my goal weight and five weeks out from my goal date. Switching things up to BP's MI40 training for the next five and to be optimal it's recommended to split the training to 2x a day. From reading CBL this is my understanding of what I am to do if training morning (then evening):1) Make sure to carbload the night before morning sessions2) Consume nothing but coffee pre-training3) Have the normal Hypotrophic Potentiator shake post-wo (carbs/protein/creatine/leucine) @ around 8am4) Eat low/no carb rest of day until next training session5) Consume Pre/intra workout as outlined in CBL (MCT/Leucine/Protein/Caffeine)6) HP shake again (see point #3)7) Splurge until bedtime.Is this all correct? I tried to twitter Kiefer but he ignored me even though he dies not address 2-a-day's in CBL (from what I could see).

So you may or may not need carbs after the morning session.Depending on your goals you may not need to. I train x2 a day often and don't use carbs after the first session. I introduce carbs half way through my second session with an intra-workout drink. You will want to make sure you eat enough carbs at night, and in this case I do recommend focusing on lower fat carb simply to make sure you can get enough without getting to full to quickly. Also, before you morning session you can have coffee with cream or MCT/CO oil. I would actually highly recommend some form of MCT prior to that first session if it's pretty close to your waking time.

Travis Caruana
    Participant

I can see how if my goals were SA or fat loss then not injesting carbs post-morning workout would be successful (providing you were still having some type of BCAA/Whey/Leucine postWO to counteract catabolism) however I am trying to gain muscle and Kiefer says in CBL that if training in the morning to do so fasted and follow with normal Post-WO then low carb until evening.Any other experiences or thoughts on this?

I can see how if my goals were SA or fat loss then not injesting carbs post-morning workout would be successful (providing you were still having some type of BCAA/Whey/Leucine postWO to counteract catabolism) however I am trying to gain muscle and Kiefer says in CBL that if training in the morning to do so fasted and follow with normal Post-WO then low carb until evening.Any other experiences or thoughts on this?

I personally still choose to skip carbs AM PWO when doing this, but again I was having Intra-workout with my second session. The times I did choose to have carbs I just did about 10g of dextrose.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Two-A-Day training + CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?