Upgraded collagen protein

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I've been using Dave Aspery's Upgraded collagen protein in my coffee for almost 2 months to try and increase my protein intake (helps keep me fuller longer and keep overall calories lower for the day). The only benefit I seem to notice other than satiety is stronger hair and nails but I think i read somewhere that collagen wasn't a good protein source… Should I be switching to whey? if so can someone point me to a good quality brand?I don't work out a lot. just walking every day and strength training 1-2 times per week maybe a HITT session thrown in every once in a while.

Richard Schmitt

To be honest, Dave's products seem…overpriced. You would be better off honestly having a whole food breakfast meal. If you need to increase your protein intake, don't be afraid to add egg whites with eggs or use chicken or lean cuts of meat. Just be concious of adding fats with the meals, fat doesn't have to be a ton but enough.

To be honest, Dave's products seem...overpriced. You would be better off honestly having a whole food breakfast meal. If you need to increase your protein intake, don't be afraid to add egg whites with eggs or use chicken or lean cuts of meat. Just be concious of adding fats with the meals, fat doesn't have to be a ton but enough.

Thanks! I will definitely try to increase my whole food protein, although I cringe at the thought of eating egg whites and tossing out the yolk. I get some really special (and expensive) farm eggs with huge bright orange yolks. I can't even imagine not eating the whole egg (unless I was just eating the yolks  😉 ). I'm finding it a little bit of a struggle to get my protein up enough because I'm coming from a paleo framework where most meals are veggies with fats and a small side high quality protein.  Supplementing with extra protein was my quick fix but I guess I'm just going to have to start shifting my meals to be more about the meat.I guess I'll just use up the rest of this collagen and not re-order it. It can't hurt right? I mean stronger hair and nails is nice to have  😉

Richard Schmitt

All White Egg Whites can compliment your whole eggs, and I don't suggest throwing any yolks away either ;Dhttp://www.allwhiteseggwhites.com/products/product.cfm?prid=1

All White Egg Whites can compliment your whole eggs, and I don't suggest throwing any yolks away either ;Dhttp://www.allwhiteseggwhites.com/products/product.cfm?prid=1

Oh look at that! problem solved!! thanks!

David M Pope
    Participant

Or just buy the cheap store brand eggs for your whites… Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

https://one.body.io/forums/topic/inchxinch-b2b-log-were-in-hell-gentlemen/

Justin Guimond
    Participant

Kiefer tweeted recently that collagen lacks tryptophan, which is an essential amino for muscle-building… therefore, it is not a good protein for muscle synthesis.I think Asprey recommends it based more on collagen synthesis, not muscle-synthesis.  Ligament/tendon and skin health, perhaps, dunno?

Penny Danner
    Participant

I started adding collagen but not specifically for a protein source but more for my skin and hair.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Upgraded collagen protein

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?