Velocity Diet

• This topic has 5 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Damon Amato
    Participant

I got linked to this from another T-nation articlehttp://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30Just curious if anyone had done it and if so, what were the results, and also, did you want to kill yourself drinking only 5 protein shakes a day for a month?

apollyon

I've done a DIY version of the v-diet three times (found a calculator online and used supplements of my own choosing). Did use some things from biotest, really like their superfood product. Each time I've done it I've lost 15-18 lbs total. No way to tell what part was fat vs. lean, though my waist size did go down substantially, unfortunately my strength did go into the toilet, but bounced back soon after. I really like the diet in that it removes thought and it just becomes a matter of will power to execute it. Also find it motivational to see results quickly.  It is pretty unpleasant while you're on it, more from palate boredom than anything else (you may find yourself licking Tabasco sauce at some point just to taste something...)  Just keep telling yourself "I'll quit tomorrow, but not today."I think its worth trying once. Though please note that I'm on CNS after having done v-diet several times.... CNS is paradise compared to the V-diet, though I'm only on week 3 and can't speak for the results yet. Happy to provide any other support via PM.

Naomi Most

I just went and tried the Velocity diet calculator over here…http://www.t-nation.com/store/categories/velocity-diet.jspApparently I'm supposed to consume 180g of protein and not much fat, all from protein shakes that will be digested extremely quickly and keep insulin levels at a moderate level all day, leaving me hypoglycemic and catabolic at night.This is brilliant. They have discovered the perfect diet to lose a bunch of muscle.

Hurley

They say catabolism is prevented by the use of hundreds of dollars worth of their supplements.

Naomi Most

They say catabolism is prevented by the use of hundreds of dollars worth of their supplements.

OOHHHHhhhhhThat's REALLY brilliant!

Newfiedan
    Participant

Not to mention that it has you counting cals, I tried the calculator as well 1750 cals a day plus all their supplements, no ty. This smells like a sales scheme more than a diet. Not a fan of it I will stick with cns/cbl ty very much.

Naomi Most

Yeahhh… I mean even if it does work, it's too much work!

Newfiedan
    Participant

Former cal counter here, lol. It is time consuming, annoying because you tend to stress over going over or being under and in the end you lose to much muscle if you want to be more than just average. I like my current plan and its delivering results so I will stick with it.

soulmind

Done it three times.  Each time I get so sick during the second week that I have to quit.  Horrible diet, unrealistic to maintain in my opinion.  Results do come quick but are also lost quick.  Just my two cents.  If it works for you good for you.

ADTS

This is their motto.Don't walk, run, in the other direction of this bullshit.  I've been on T-Nation for years, know of Shugart's nonsense well (see: V-Diet, Anaconda Protocol, Indigo 3G....the list goes on) and have done the diet myself. Not worth your money, hunger pangs or hard earned muscle.One of the best examples of how extreme approaches dont always produce extreme results.

Who_killed_it

Apparently I'm not suitable for it. Guess i'll have to stick with what works *sigh*

Ok, lets talk about the horrible part of it that I don't think most people think of while doing it… if you have an all liquid diet… how does that diet come out…. EXACTLY!!!Diaper anyone?

ADTS

Any diet reverse engineered with the goal of selling more of your supplements usually ends up being subpar. FTR I didnt shit liquid when I did it, maybe I'm a machine.

randyleahy

I do understand that lifting websites give info for free and need to make money, but t-nation is so over the top with their sales pitch that its sickening. Thibs I think is a very smart man but they have turned him into a used car salesman pitching their shit. Shugart is using this breakthrough I3G and using the best Biotest has to offer and yet looks like he has never touched a weight in his life. I read Meadows, Wendler, and Robertson stuff on there and thats it.

ADTS

I do understand that lifting websites give info for free and need to make money, but t-nation is so over the top with their sales pitch that its sickening. Thibs I think is a very smart man but they have turned him into a used car salesman pitching their shit. Shugart is using this breakthrough I3G and using the best Biotest has to offer and yet looks like he has never touched a weight in his life. I read Meadows, Wendler, and Robertson stuff on there and thats it.

Absolutely.I have been a reader of theirs for about 5 years now and continue to do so. There is a wealth of great FREE info on that site and FREE info added daily. The authors you mentioned are fantastic and I have taken a lot from their work, especially John Meadows.I get that they have to make a buck, which is why I'm not critical of them on their own site. Shugart makes me nauseous every time he posts, the snake oil salesman just bleeds through in everything he does. I've used many Biotest products before, its good, not great. For my money I'd rather get my raw materials the same place that they do, Protein Factory's wholesaler.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Velocity Diet

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?