What happened to Kiefer’s Soy article on T-Nation?

• This topic has 5 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

So I'm lactose intolerant, and can't really drink regular milk unless I want to pass gas really bad, or use the toliet every minute...is soy milk bad to drink?

Are you serious or being a smartass? I'll assume the former: yes, soy milk is bad. Drink almond milk or,my personal favorite coconut milk (there are more and more brands coming out so it should be easy to find).

No, serious sir, I'm a pretty bad lactose person. Pretty much can clear out a whole room if I drank milk. The reason I asked is because I'm over seas, and they have soy milk in the chow hall, but nothing like what we should be drink (i.e. the almond milk, or coconut milk).

JR

@BigTex Have you been drinking the soy milk?

Naomi Most

Maybe relevant to your interests?Soy Diet is Cruel and Unusual, Florida Inmate Claims

JR

@BigTex Your going to have to drop the soy milk…I'm not sure what you were using it for but you should avoid it. Stick with water. I use almond milk and coconut milk for protein shakes but I have gone months with just using water as my only source of liquid. Look out for foods loaded with soy too. (cliff bars, protein bars, RTDs) The only RTD that I have seen that has an impressive profile is ABB Recovery. Its only source of protein is whey isolate and it has 60 grams of carbs from maltodextrin.

Richard Schmitt

@BigTex Have you been drinking the soy milk?

No sir, I haven't since May when I left the states. Why? O.o

Richard Schmitt

@BigTex Your going to have to drop the soy milk...I'm not sure what you were using it for but you should avoid it. Stick with water. I use almond milk and coconut milk for protein shakes but I have gone months with just using water as my only source of liquid. Look out for foods loaded with soy too. (cliff bars, protein bars, RTDs) The only RTD that I have seen that has an impressive profile is ABB Recovery. Its only source of protein is whey isolate and it has 60 grams of carbs from maltodextrin.

Alright, good to go, definitely dropped it a while back...only thing is though I have munched on a few clif bars a while back... =/

ADTS

My theory on the article…The fact that your site pays homage to a time when that site/mag was actually any good, must piss them off. In one way or another they most likely felt that your path did not perfectly align with their marketing, so pulled it.Oh and you forgot to work into your article why Curcumin is the savior to all mankind, they found someone else who would.

devilmanVISA

Oh and you forgot to work into your article why Curcumin is the savior to all mankind, they found someone else who would.

LMAO.In truth, I think most of the marketing propaganda that is in their articles is added in post production. TC Luoma has to do SOMETHING to earn a paycheck. His live spills on how to totally blast your chest, dude, notwithstanding.

CJ84

I went looking for that article too and not finding it is what brought me here. There is such a thing as positive censorship!  :D. All joking aside, that site has some great information if you know where to look and ignore the marketing, at the end of the day its just another source to draw from and should be treated as such. I liken Biotest to the 'Apple' of the supplement world. They do some really great things and have top quality products (if you know how to use them correctly- not necessarily whats on the label) and the price reflects that.  If you don't agree with their laser point ethos then your just doing it wrong. End of story.I find that last point a shame as its just plain wrong to censor people for their views like they do on their forum and its especially wrong to restrict authors who disseminate genuinely useful and correct information on a variety of topics. There is nothing wrong with promoting your way of thinking but don't dismiss someone just because they are a "competitor". I think thats what this site does differently and its refreshing.

ADTS

I went looking for that article too and not finding it is what brought me here. There is such a thing as positive censorship!  :D. All joking aside, that site has some great information if you know where to look and ignore the marketing, at the end of the day its just another source to draw from and should be treated as such. I liken Biotest to the 'Apple' of the supplement world. They do some really great things and have top quality products (if you know how to use them correctly- not necessarily whats on the label) and the price reflects that.  If you don't agree with their laser point ethos then your just doing it wrong. End of story.I find that last point a shame as its just plain wrong to censor people for their views like they do on their forum and its especially wrong to restrict authors who disseminate genuinely useful and correct information on a variety of topics. There is nothing wrong with promoting your way of thinking but don't dismiss someone just because they are a "competitor". I think thats what this site does differently and its refreshing.

I agree and have long since found peace just absorbing whats good and ignoring whats not, on that site and in life.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What happened to Kiefer’s Soy article on T-Nation?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?