what if?

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

girl
    Keymaster

I fasted for the majority of the day with the coffee and coconut oil and had a nice sized dinner. A dinner that included things I wouldn't usually eat while on carb nite like..  sweet potato souffle with marshmallows on top, bbq chicken, green beans, baked beans BUT didn't go over my carb limit? (and yes obviously I'm a southern girl) Do you think it would negatively impact my weight/BF?

amedio

Frankly, In my opinion I would just slap a big NO NO on the sweet potato souffle w/ harshmellows. The green beans should be okay though, for green beans are on the Safe Foods on Fat and Protein Days in The Carb-Nite Solution book (not sure if you have that yet or not). Be minded that I feel your pain on the sweet potato souffle.  :- I am a resident of south Alabama. As far as BBQ sauce is concerned, I would try to find an ultra low carb BBQ sauce at your local grocery store. Atkins BBQ sauce has a neutral rating in the book, but I rarely see Atkins products in any gorcery store I shop at now. Just be mindful of what you consume. Be sure to strive for a 50:50 fat-to-protein ratio throughout the day. Fasting is normal. After a few days of the reorientation phase I lose my appetite during morning to mid morning.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I would attempt to stay clear of carbs on the low days, I do on occasion go to the upper limit of the carbs but I keep my fiber high with the psyllium fiber supplement. Now so long as you were under 30 grams of usable carbs then you should be ok, I just make sure that I stay clear of cutting calories as much as possible. On carb nites go nuts whatever works, I like to work out on carb nite to squeeze the maximum benefit out of the carbs using the backloading method of keeping the carbs simple. I am almost to my second carb nite and although my scale has not moved a lot I am seeing the results slowly.

girl

Thanks y'all. I was wondering b/c I host suppers at home and was thinking I could maybe get away with a normal looking plate so I don't get the … why aren't you eating looks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

what if?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?