What is an ideal weight for?

• This topic has 3 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

So I'm 6ft tall…20 years old…weighing in around 160ish…what (to y'all) is an ideal weight I should be at? I'm wanting to be, I guess in way without sounding stupid, cut or really defined. I kinda want to be back down at 150ish, but don't want to lose that muscle or anything…I don't know, trying to set a absolute weight goal with a certain BF%, so I can be “happy” with myself.

Naomi Most

You can get a lot of lean muscle on a 6' frame. I know of some muscular but still femininely-framed women at or near 6'  who weigh more than you do now (168lbs, one of them).I'm not sure how to calculate what you should shoot for, but the over-six-feet guys I've dated are usually 180lbs lean. Not super-lean, but good definition all over. 🙂

Richard Schmitt

You can get a lot of lean muscle on a 6' frame. I know of some muscular but still femininely-framed women at or near 6'  who weigh more than you do now (168lbs, one of them).I'm not sure how to calculate what you should shoot for, but the over-six-feet guys I've dated are usually 180lbs lean. Not super-lean, but good definition all over. 🙂

Haha...alright...I guess I should really consider in doing CBL instead of CNS...just that phobia of gaining that flabby, nasty, fat weight...a deal I'll have to work on, getting that lean, good-looking weight. Haha

CaseyD

Remember too, losing fat is relatively easy. Building muscle takes way more time. That's why you see bodybuilders look like hell in the off season. I'm in a similar situation as you, I'm 5'11″ 170ish, no idea what my bf% is, but I know it's above 12. Bouncing back and forth between doing a month of CNS in January, the CB for a few months again, CNS one more time before summer. The other option I'm debating is just hanging with CB for a few more months, then maybe 1-2 months CNS before summer.I guess the I'm not sure where I'm going with this lol, just that you're not alone. I'd give CB a try though for a few months, then you can go back to CNS.

Richard Schmitt

Remember too, losing fat is relatively easy. Building muscle takes way more time. That's why you see bodybuilders look like hell in the off season. I'm in a similar situation as you, I'm 5'11" 170ish, no idea what my bf% is, but I know it's above 12. Bouncing back and forth between doing a month of CNS in January, the CB for a few months again, CNS one more time before summer. The other option I'm debating is just hanging with CB for a few more months, then maybe 1-2 months CNS before summer.I guess the I'm not sure where I'm going with this lol, just that you're not alone. I'd give CB a try though for a few months, then you can go back to CNS.

Yeah fat seems easy to lose especially while doing CNS...just hate seeing that flab around my mid-section...but I guess I have to ask myself, how would I grow if I don't take in the appropiate amount of food...? My workouts are just fine, I know that for sure, just nutrition intake is my problem and my phobia

CaseyD

You're sounding more and more like me lol. I've never really been super lean (even sub10%), so it's hard for me to know about something as easy and effective as CNS without using it. At the same time though, you gotta have some muscle under the flab, otherwise you're just uncovering bone lol. Keep in mind too, if you put on muscle without any fat, you've effectively lowered your bf%. Obviously without actually losing fat, it won't be a huge change, but it's still progress.

Richard Schmitt

You're sounding more and more like me lol. I've never really been super lean (even sub10%), so it's hard for me to know about something as easy and effective as CNS without using it. At the same time though, you gotta have some muscle under the flab, otherwise you're just uncovering bone lol. Keep in mind too, if you put on muscle without any fat, you've effectively lowered your bf%. Obviously without actually losing fat, it won't be a huge change, but it's still progress.

I will definitely keep this mind Casey, I do appreciate the motivation, and words of encouragement. I'm really glad I got involved with this site, it's good to be in a place where others have or are experiencing the samething and can help each other out. Just got to get this book, and read it so I can use CBL to my goal. Unfortunetly it's not accepting my card...I'm not sure why, and it's really pissing me off.

6by6

@bigtex i have lost about 70lb mostly on low carb diets and still have 40-50 to lose. i have reached the point where i can lose the weight but will end up bone under as mention previously. i figured cbl would be optimal because i slowly loose fat but i can meet my main goal of gaining strength. i obviously terrified of gaining any fat that i worked so hard to lose but i lost it before i can lose it again. the beauty of cbl is it allows u to put muscle without the.fat. So at 160 im pretty sure you do not have fat to lose, if you are trying to lose weight to improve your body image, trust me 6' at 150lb may not be a pretty site. Do not do the cbs and hit cbl hard and those muscle gains are going to make u a beast and if u notice a bit of fat gain which should not happen then do cbs until then hit the gym hard and kill some cookies.

Richard Schmitt

@bigtex i have lost about 70lb mostly on low carb diets and still have 40-50 to lose. i have reached the point where i can lose the weight but will end up bone under as mention previously. i figured cbl would be optimal because i slowly loose fat but i can meet my main goal of gaining strength. i obviously terrified of gaining any fat that i worked so hard to lose but i lost it before i can lose it again. the beauty of cbl is it allows u to put muscle without the.fat. So at 160 im pretty sure you do not have fat to lose, if you are trying to lose weight to improve your body image, trust me 6' at 150lb may not be a pretty site. Do not do the cbs and hit cbl hard and those muscle gains are going to make u a beast and if u notice a bit of fat gain which should not happen then do cbs until then hit the gym hard and kill some cookies.

Yes sir...I do appreciate it...words of wisdom and motivation helps...well I'm in the depletion phase right now, Saturday is my CN...so I'll see if my timing works and if it does...I'll CBL to get bigger, or gain lean muscle, I'll definitely have to tweak it to where I can eat the SHIT, but not over do it, to find my Blueprint to my Body...

6by6

Yes sir...I do appreciate it...words of wisdom and motivation helps...well I'm in the depletion phase right now, Saturday is my CN...so I'll see if my timing works and if it does...I'll CBL to get bigger, or gain lean muscle, I'll definitely have to tweak it to where I can eat the SHIT, but not over do it, to find my Blueprint to my Body...I am in the same boat of dialing it in to fit me. I will keep you updated if I see any fat loss with the strength gains.

Richard Schmitt

That'll be much appreciate, are you at 6ft as well? This paypal site is pissing me off with the whole “won't accept the card” bull…I would like the special features that comes with this awesome book…I have roughly 6 more days till it's gone, and my depletion phase is up…

6by6

That'll be much appreciate, are you at 6ft as well? This paypal site is pissing me off with the whole "won't accept the card" bull...I would like the special features that comes with this awesome book...I have roughly 6 more days till it's gone, and my depletion phase is up...

I am 6' about 240 right now looking to drop to 190-200 but I am giving myself 7 months to do it so I have room for error. I did a semi strict carbloading method for the past month and I gained strength and maintained weight. Once I get through the book I am sure I can dial it in to lose the fat while gaining strength. I am sure you will be able to buy it pretty soon. Naomi got this thing covered pretty well.

Richard Schmitt

That'll be much appreciate, are you at 6ft as well? This paypal site is pissing me off with the whole "won't accept the card" bull...I would like the special features that comes with this awesome book...I have roughly 6 more days till it's gone, and my depletion phase is up...

I am 6' about 240 right now looking to drop to 190-200 but I am giving myself 7 months to do it so I have room for error. I did a semi strict carbloading method for the past month and I gained strength and maintained weight. Once I get through the book I am sure I can dial it in to lose the fat while gaining strength. I am sure you will be able to buy it pretty soon. Naomi got this thing covered pretty well.

Yeah you're going to probably hate me, but I'm at around 158ish...I want more muscle without the flab, and I KNOW CBL will help me with this. I know you'll get there probably in less time than you predicted. Yeah she does, she works hard to help us out.

Jerad

6' @ 158lbs you must look like a rail! Haha I'd say depending on your perception you'll wana set your goal. For me 200lbs is tiny but it may seem huge for you.

Richard Schmitt

Haha yeah I was at 210 back in high school (going on four years ago) but that was fat flab not much muscle. If I get any where close to that, it'd better be muscle. I'm shooting to stay at a solid 160, giver take, I weighed myself today and since Sunday I'm at around 155, which is nice because so far I've lost 5 pounds, granted it might be some water weight, but not all of it. The thing is I'm wondering if I should start CBL on Friday, making it 6 days of carb depleting with training. Or should I imply all 10 days till next Tuesday? Because I was thinking if I CBL on Friday, I can work with what I did that night, fast most of the day Saturday (regardless it's a Rest Day for me), then on Sunday do a small workout, implementing 60 minutes of uphill walking, then a small CBL for Monday's workout session.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What is an ideal weight for?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?