what to do when you forget to eat

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mTOR
    Keymaster

hi, when i wake up im so hungry, but i take my coffee and after an hour or so im not hungry at all. when i have a lot to do i forget to eat. at 4 or 5 pm its time to train, what should i do? eat and wait with my training or what?

Newfiedan
    Participant

I hear you on the getting busy part and forgetting to eat, that happens to me when I get side tracked at work and there is to much to do there all the time. I set my cell phone alarm clock to remind me to eat which is my break times. I would not forgo eating for that long of a time frame though. At most I go until noon when I wake at 5 am. At that point though I would just forgo food until post workout, eating a heavier meal pwo and then carb it up until bedtime.

mTOR

i know i know, i should not forget to eat, but what should i do when im late out. can i just take some MCT oil and 10-20 g of whey before training and that will do, or should i have a good solid meal with more fat and proteins and wait an hour or two with my training? instead of training 4 or 5 pm ill wait to 6 or 7pm

Chuck

I forget to eat as well. I wake up….. have coffee and go until 3:30 then I workout and eat afterwards. Kiefer did say that the longer you go without eating the more fat you burn, I havent really heard any adverse effects. But we somehow got the Grehlin off our backs. Also you reach homeostasis when you train fasted.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I give it 2 hrs post meal to train mind you it is a smaller meal consisting of 1 can tuna, some mustard and 3 tsp unsalted butter with lots of pepper. However in your case I would train fasted and then eat the crap out of carbs and protein with mct oil. Getting all the fats and protein in first then about an hr later eat the shit out of the carbs. But that is what I would do, the only way to know though would be to try it out and see what happens for you.

Naomi Most

hi, when i wake up im so hungry, but i take my coffee and after an hour or so im not hungry at all. when i have a lot to do i forget to eat. at 4 or 5 pm its time to train, what should i do? eat and wait with my training or what?

Don't worry about it unless your workout energy is really suffering, in which case start taking a regular meal somewhere around 1pm.But if your workouts are fine, and you're doing Strength Accumulation, then just roll with it.

mTOR

thanks Naomi, than i will not eat, i feel great the first 45 min of my 90min workout or so, but then i get really tierd. can i use the intra-shake even if i do the strenght accumulation?

Richard Schmitt

Don't worry about it unless your workout energy is really suffering, in which case start taking a regular meal somewhere around 1pm.But if your workouts are fine, and you're doing Strength Accumulation, then just roll with it.

Exactly what I do while implementing SA Protocol. Now to help answer mTOR's next question, if you get really tired AFTER your workouts then try to get somet caffeine in with your PWO Shake, helps me, the Intra-Shake is normally used for DB and/or if your workouts are that intense or a couple hours long.

Naomi Most

thanks Naomi, than i will not eat, i feel great the first 45 min of my 90min workout or so, but then i get really tierd. can i use the intra-shake even if i do the strenght accumulation?

Yes, definitely.  The intra-workout shake was made for your situation.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

what to do when you forget to eat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?