whee I sprained my ankle.

• This topic has 2 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Naomi Most

OK, this happened Tuesday actually, but I was too busy to complain.Can't train for a few days, so it's back on Carb Nite I go. Been taking on some body fat from stress and lack of sleep anyway. Sigh.

Richard Schmitt

Ah geez, well I do hope you get better!What is your Carb Nite week usually look like? And that of the Carb Nite?

Naomi Most

Thanks… I'm out walking at this point, but it put a huge crimp in my week.  (You guys may not realize that DangerouslyHardcore.com is not my full-time JOB…)My Carb Nite week usually looks like this:day 1: "Man, I don't need to eat ANYTHING. I could not-eat for days."day 2: "OMG HUNGRY. CANNOT EAT ENOUGH. MOAR BUTTER!!! 2 POUNDS OF STEAK FOR DINNER!!! PROTEIN SHAKE FOR DESSERT!!!"day 3: a little more sane. skip breakfast, have a big lunch with lotsa fat, snack on macadamia nuts a lot, normal dinner.days 4-5: feel "normal", just eat, although start to look longingly at my son's oatmeal. Tend to eat a lot of eggs and spinach and bacon.day 6: can no longer stand the sight of eggs and bacon. start getting creative, e.g. green smoothies made of coconut butter, raw kale, and protein powder. paleo okonomiyaki ... hazelnut bread... There's a reason Kiefer and I talk a lot about releasing a recipes book soon!day 7: pretty relaxed first half of the day. try to get an intense workout in around 3pm and then slam a sugary protein shake afterwards (which I don't even enjoy, but it works), after which comes about 2500 calories of pure starchy and sugary goodness.  I like squash, oatmeal raisin cookie sandwiches with coconut cream filling, and gluten-free cupcakes. Then I eat a "regular" dinner, then I might have a glass of wine (not really on the diet, but I like it anyway), and roll into bed happily.Oh, and my exercise during the Carb Nite week tends to be pretty tame. A few kettlebell swings and some rock climbing, both of which are adequately fueled on fatty acids, with PWO shakes of pure protein and leucine.

Jerad

Heal up quick, ankle injuries are a pain!today was day 9 on carb nite. I think all I ate today was bacon... 3 lbs of it. Started getting easier the past couple days but today I just kinda got tired and said screw it I don't feel like being creative, Bacon it is!

Naomi Most

Yes, injuries are a pain.  😀I'm getting close to OK. Gonna go to the gym right now and just do upper body. I miss deadlifting...Bacon, man... if I have enough of it in the house I will just bake a whole tray of it in the oven and eat it all day. Low-sodium bacon becomes crucial.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

whee I sprained my ankle.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?