WHEN shall I backload (after training day before training?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BoogieMan
    Participant

REad the book serveral times by now but not wiser. The book says:
    – After training its allmost imposibble to store carbs as fat up 1h after traing =go crazy on the sweet stuff AFTER training (chapter 17-the sweet spot & chapter 18 – 16 oz carb curls)
    – Backload the day BEFORE training. (chapter 19 – slam the carbs, mid page 66)

Also scoured the internet where articles gives mixed info and says anything from this to this:
    – backload the day before training
    – backload after training

For me both the book and internet have two totally different versions and both have some logic.
    Here is why:
    – If I backload AFTER training I would not store carbs+fat as tummy fat but use it to spike insulin, recover and soak up glyco in musle tissue for fuller look and full storages.
    BUT if my day before the training was an off day my glycogen stores would be close to depleted, hence not giving optimal power at my training session.
    IF hade two off days and no extra back load they would most likely be close to zero (I know, I might be allowed a “mini cbl” on two consecutive off days)

– If I backload the day BEFORE training, the glycogen levels would be high when its time to work out which allows me to work out heavier (neurons sparking faster, glycogen being more effective than ketones and all that)
    BUT if this backload day was an OFF DAY it means i did not work out prior to carb binge = fat goes directly to storage in the most inconvenient places.

INCONCLUSIVE
    Combining the data makes me come to the conclusion that it is ONLY possible to back load correctly if you traing two consecutive days.
    In that case I should ONLY back load AFTER the FIRST training day. The first training day would then be low on glyco but get a good fill up the same day after training.
    The second training day storage would be high on glyco (since I CBLed day before) but would not get a fill up after training exept the post work out potentiator shake.

If I would like train every second day = NO CBL allowed if I want to fulfill both rules of effectiveness?

HELP PLEASE
    Well I dont get any of the versions to work optimal and the book does not give me answers and I was directed here from CBL support page with my questions so feel free, give me ONE CORRECT ANSWER – WHEN SHALL I BACKLOAD/BINGE CARBS 😀

Thank You
    Boogieman

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by BoogieMan.

Richard Schmitt

I didn’t read it through, and I’m being honest, backload your carbs at night after training. Regardless of time. If you train AM, backload that evening. Same goes for the PM.

alex

This is something I have also looked into.

To provide a reference (a video from Kiefer) for the original post’s source of confusion:

http://athlete.io/2783/carb-back-loading-post-workout-when-to-eat-carbs-explained/

reljag
    Participant

backloading the day before training is for endurance athletes, backloading after training is for strength athletes. Kiefer explained it somewhere, I just can’t remember where… Sorry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WHEN shall I backload (after training day before training?)

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?