Where to find the energy? Any insight would be helpful..

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ryllz75

Hi all,New to these boards.. recently read Carb Nite about 3-4 weeks ago and have been trying to apply the principles BUT im finding a hard time in keeping up with my activities so therefore i may be failing the system as im not being able to fully apply all of its principles..A little about me: 5'11" / Avg Weight today 180-182lbs / Athletically built but have a tire around my stomach currently measured at 34  around the navel / 38" hips.  Love handles are more prominent from the front.. (a bit more background; exactly 16 months ago today I weighed 293lbs and lost that by working out 3-4 days a week, almost daily cardio and was on "diet" of 1800-2000 calories a day but ate Carbs/Fat/Protein)  I've found that doing the same methods are not helping me tighten up my stomach area anymore..Goal:To lose the love handles and have enough energy to play Beach Volleyball 2x2Currently, I play 2-3 hours of beach 2x2 Volleyball on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturdays here in San Diego.  2 of these days are Tourneys and the other 2 are training days.  I also try to fit in 2-3 days of full body Heavy workouts (6-8 rep range x 3-4 sets).My question is doing CNS where does one find the energy source to keep up with the physical demands of my activities?  I understand that your body is supposed to switch to Fat as the energy source but i've found that im always wiped out and end up consuming Gatorade and Energy Blocks in the middle of my VBall matches to sustain and keep up energy levels.Normal Day routine: (Last meal night prior is at 9:00pm most days)- 9am Coffee with 1 TBSP coconut oil and 1 TBSP heavy cream- 12pm first meal (protein and fats only)- 3pm Coffee with 1 TBSP coconut oil and 1 TBSP heavy cream- 5pm to 8pm Beach Volleyball or 5pm to 6pm Weight lift per the schedule i posted above  (During my Beach Vball days i ALWAYS end up consuming Gatorade and Energy Blocks as im feeling wiped out after 1 or 2 matches)- 8:30-9pm - Dinner (Protein and Fats)What can I do different here to accomplish booth goals of tightening my stomach and finally getting to see my abs and have enough energy to competitively play Beach Vball?  or maybe CNS is not for me??Any thoughts/advice on how to tweak this would be greatly appreciated...  Thanks in advance All!!

Having the gatorade isn't helping you.To be honest you might be better going a full week of ULC and then do CBL after you lifting days.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

When you are on a ULC diet you won't have the stamina you normally do.  Lifting weights I usually last an hour max and HIIT I can only last 20 minutes.  The only advice I can give you is to mix up MCT oil with water and replace Gatorade with that.

ryllz75

Thanks for the reply Trevor.. Ive only read a bit about CBL since like I mentioned I just bought CN 3-4 weeks ago.. so per your feedback;Since I do Beach Vball on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturdays keep these days ULC but when I lift on Tuesday, Friday and sometimes on Sunday back load (CBL) on these days after workouts?  Do you think consuming as much carbs as i plan to during these days 350-450g of carbs and keeping fat low and protein moderate would give me enough energy to competitively play beach vball on the ULC days?

Having the gatorade isn't helping you.To be honest you might be better going a full week of ULC and then do CBL after you lifting days.

ryllz75

Thanks ibobland!  I never thought about doing that!  Will using Coconut Oil do the same thing?  I dont have MCT's but have tons of coconut oil.  How many TBSP's do you think I should add to a 32oz water bottle?I'm thinking will this work on perhaps the G2 Low Calorie version of Gatorade which has 7g carbs per 8oz and add Coconut oil in it??  A 32oz bottle of this Gatorade will only then have 28g of carbs only..

When you are on a ULC diet you won't have the stamina you normally do.  Lifting weights I usually last an hour max and HIIT I can only last 20 minutes.  The only advice I can give you is to mix up MCT oil with water and replace Gatorade with that.

Yeah, that should give you much more energy to do all your activities. You might have to play with you carbs to get the number the works best for you, you might be able to do another couple hundred grams then that.Also, during the backload I wouldn't really worry about counting fat. Have you PWO shake no fat and that just eat whatever, most people do better that way.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Coconut oil will solidify in water, so that might not be your best option.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Where to find the energy? Any insight would be helpful..

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?