Whey Isolate

• This topic has 12 voices and 42 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

mdg42
    Keymaster

Hey All,Can anyone explain the pros and cons of cross-flow micro-filtration, micro-filtration, cold-filtration, and ion-exchange? I've tried looking into these, but I am unsure which is the most beneficial.Also, does anyone have thoughts on the traditional method of whey being derived from cheese versus it being derived from milk?I appreciate the help!

stephenhdmrs

Good questions!  I'd love to hear an answer.  I just bought 5 lb's of whey derived from milk.  I hope I didn't waste my money.  Milk whey is supposed to be more anabolic(or so the ad says!).

honestjbone

Speaking of…..does anyone know a good place with good quality whey isolate, creatine, casein….basically the “after market add-ons” Kiefer mentions in the book?  I know proteinfactory.com and I usually go to bodybuilding.com as well.  But something worth the $$$ Thanks

Richard Schmitt

I'm still trying to figure out if the stuff I have and get will be acceptable for CBL… =/

nz6stringaxe

I started taking notes on the qualities that differentiate each protein offered by proteinfactory.com. Check that site out, it has surpassed my expectations. A bit expensive, but you regain full control and purity.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I'm still trying to figure out if the stuff I have and get will be acceptable for CBL... =/

I am trying my damnedest to understand that part and I think I have it pretty well down.  What exactly are you wondering?

Richard Schmitt

Well I PM'd Naomi and Kiefer (I'm guessing Kiefer blew it off or is busy) but Naomi pretty much told me that the stuff I have as of now is good. So no more worries there.

Damon Amato
    Participant

in that case, please share.  i believe she said he went into the mountains over the weekend, so no interwebs for him.

sckiely
    Participant

Curious whether wpi and wpc do the same thing? is concentrate acceptable for CBL?

Damon Amato
    Participant

from what i've read, WPC is just junk.

Richard Schmitt

in that case, please share.  i believe she said he went into the mountains over the weekend, so no interwebs for him.

Oh my bad, yeah I have Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein, Dymatize Nutrition Creatine, PrimaForce L-Leucine. I use Dymatize Nutrition Xpand Xtreme Pump as my Pre-Workout too. She said these are ok, plus as my PWO Carb I eat a 1/2 of a bagel, not the entire thing. I'm currently waiting for the bananas I have to become "super-riped"

Kris1501

Isolate has the highest bioavailability… You want to avoid “blends” containing concentrate…Cross flow micro filtered whey isolate appears to be the best option... My understanding is the process of "ion exchange" includes the use of chemicals which can damage the protein, whereas CFM leaves the protein unharmed and in its original state. (they just use filters to remove fat, lactose etc)Either isolate is not a bad choice, but CFM appears to have an advantage....

Chase102798

Hey All,Can anyone explain the pros and cons of cross-flow micro-filtration, micro-filtration, cold-filtration, and ion-exchange? I've tried looking into these, but I am unsure which is the most beneficial.Also, does anyone have thoughts on the traditional method of whey being derived from cheese versus it being derived from milk?I appreciate the help!

http://proteinfactory.com/articlespf/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105:comparing-cfm-whey-isolate-to-microfiltration-whey-protein&catid=6:nutrition&Itemid=7

Chase102798

Speaking of.....does anyone know a good place with good quality whey isolate, creatine, casein....basically the "after market add-ons" Kiefer mentions in the book?  I know proteinfactory.com and I usually go to bodybuilding.com as well.  But something worth the $$$ Thanks

http://proteinfactory.com/shop/home.phpOne stop shop. Everything mentioned in the book and available as individual components without the fillers and garbage that Keifer talks about on his DH site. I haven't been to BB.com in over ten months and my digestive system thanks me everyday (i.e. no more digestive upset)

Chase102798

Curious whether wpi and wpc do the same thing? is concentrate acceptable for CBL?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF0cUcMwf0kwatch this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Whey Isolate

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?