Whey Isolate

• This topic has 12 voices and 42 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

I didn't want to start a whole new thread when there was one already regarding Whey Protein Isolate. I currently take Dymatize protein, and I have right now ISO 100 Vanilla, and Elite Whey Vanilla. I wasn't going to toss these away because they costed a good amount and there both 5lbs each. (Was using it for the Hypertrophic PWO Shake). When these run out, I want to either buy more ISO 100, or that Nature's Best Isopure No Carb Protein. Is this protein good to use? It's cheaper, and looks like it does the same thing if not better. Does anyone use this or recommend it? I know in the Carb Nite Solution book has this in there, but wanted y'alls perspective.

IOWA.PharmD

The Isopure (chocolate at least) doesn't taste very good. It makes thick shakes, something I like. It's nutrition stats are good and I think it does the job.

Richard Schmitt

The Isopure (chocolate at least) doesn't taste very good. It makes thick shakes, something I like. It's nutrition stats are good and I think it does the job.

So would you say this would do better than the Dymatize?

IOWA.PharmD

I can't really compare because I've only had Isopure. Isopure is a go.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I've had both.  Dymatize iso100 is hydrolysate though, and isopure is just WPI so you wouldnt use them the same way anyway.  I think Dymatize tastes better imo.

Richard Schmitt

I've had both.  Dymatize iso100 is hydrolysate though, and isopure is just WPI so you wouldnt use them the same way anyway.  I think Dymatize tastes better imo.

Ah...so we're looking for Hydroslates...gotcha. So for WPI, when would be a good time to ingest in then? I have a 5lb tub of Dymatize ISO 100 and Elite Whey Protein Isolate...

TheRev

The problem I've run into with most nutritional supplements is the fact that they can basically make any claim they want on their label. Since they aren't monitored by the FDA, no one can call them on it. A lot of the larger companies (ON, Gaspari, Nitrotech, etc.) tout the purity of their products, but just read the label. If it has more than 4 or 5 ingredients, it's not pure. It's fillers. Junk. That being said, I HIGHLY recommend a site called musclefeast.com The owner is very transparent about where he obtains his ingredients, and what goes into making his products. The best thing, he sells them at wholesale. I've been using a number of his products for awhile and have noticed a remarkable difference. Please check him out.

IOWA.PharmD

Do you officially/unofficially represent musclefeast.com? If I was a betting man……..

Richard Schmitt

Eh?QUESTION! So I'm looking for a good isolate that is great for mixing dextrose that can have a nice thick texture to it. What y'all recommend? I'm lactose-intolerant, and I have used (and like a lot) Fusion-7 from Dymatize, but have been using ice with Elite Whey Isolate from Dymatize as well. I could stick to these, unless y'all see/know something better? (The Fusion-7 is normally a treat for me every once in a while) Ha ha thanks.

IOWA.PharmD

I think Isopure from Nature's Best thickens up pretty well. I'm not too keen on the taste, and I'm really not sure if it's isolate. You can also buy thickening agents too. I'm not sure of any good ones off the top of my head right now though.

TheRev

I do not officially or unofficially represent Muscle Feast. I'm just a powerlifter that got tired of all the bullshit dispensed by large nutrition supplement companies.

Richard Schmitt

I think Isopure from Nature's Best thickens up pretty well. I'm not too keen on the taste, and I'm really not sure if it's isolate. You can also buy thickening agents too. I'm not sure of any good ones off the top of my head right now though.

Well that makes the second one to say something about the taste. So Isopure is definitely out. I'll stick to Dymatize at the moment. I can also tolerate Muscle Milk too?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

If you're gonna buy Isopure, you should just get Protein factory Isolate.  IsoPure is very expensive.  Honestly just buy the whey supplement you can afford.  Personally I think WPC is fine, especially Post Workout.  The only real difference between Concentrate and Isolate is that the Isolate removes Lactose and Milk Solids a bit more.  So your post-workout shake will increase by 2 g of carbs, big deal.  Of course, if you are very lactose intolerant than thats a different story.Honestly Tex stick to your Dymatize stuff, there is nothing wrong with it.  I will second Musclefeast and Protein Factory.

Another option is TrueNutrition's (http://www.truenutrition.com) WPI – they have 3 different kinds, all at around 10-11$/pound. If that's a bit pricey, there's coupon codes for 5% off: AND028 is one.I'd stay away from the natural flavors but all the premium are pretty good.

Damon Amato
    Participant

5lb of hydrolysate for $21?  I'm a little skeptical.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Whey Isolate

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?