Whey Protein from True nutrition, question.–> ANSWERED—<

• This topic has 5 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

jgoldman

So I ordered this protein, sadly realizing it has 1.5g of carbs. Is that enough if I used this protein in my AM accelerator it would ruin any fat loss? Thanks. http://truenutrition.com/p-935-whey-protein-concentrate-super-grade-1lb-milk.aspx?

As long as your under 30g of carbs it doesn't matter really.

jgoldman

How does it not matter? The book really reflects the importance of no carb before training. But the book does recommend the AM accelerator.

Richard Schmitt

Because you're only using 10g worth of protein from that mix. Not by weight.

jgoldman

Awesome, thanks. Feel better now don't have to waste good protein  🙂

The books says under 30g. No matter what you eat, even meat and eggs you will get some carbs. It doesn't matter as long as you aren't being stupid and eating candy and are staying under 30g.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Big Tex….Question on the True NutritionI'm using the 70cc scoop that came my whey.  According to a chart on their website that is 19.9g of whey.  The NI on the package (and website) says 1 serving size for 24g of protein = 24g.  Should i get a bigger scoop (they have a 90cc that is 25.6g they say.....granted I can just add a little more with the scoop I have) but I'm just wondering if I'm getting enough at 19.9g and would that 5.1g that I'm missing be enough to mess me up or just not worry about it.I'm one to sweat the small stuff until I know otherwise it is okay NOT to sweat it! 😉

Richard Schmitt

If you're going to be using it for the PWO Shake, one scoop of 70cc getting the 24g protein will be sufficient.

Penny Danner
    Participant

If you're going to be using it for the PWO Shake, one scoop of 70cc getting the 24g protein will be sufficient.

Yes, PWO, but the scoop is only 19.9...not 24.  I guess I need to do 1 scoop plus a little to get to around 24ish.

Richard Schmitt

The grams weighed compared to grams of protein is different. My scoop I use with Dymatize products is roughly 33.4g in weight to match 25g of protein.

Penny Danner
    Participant

The grams weighed compared to grams of protein is different. My scoop I use with Dymatize products is roughly 33.4g in weight to match 25g of protein.

Oh okay!  I was confused in measurement grams vs grams of protein.  I'll just do my scoop and be happy.

TCB
    Participant

On the nutritional info panel from TN, I believe it says “Serving Size: 40g” .. As Tex said, that's the weight of the powder, not the quantity of protein in the powder.

Penny Danner
    Participant

On the nutritional info panel from TN, I believe it says "Serving Size: 40g" .. As Tex said, that's the weight of the powder, not the quantity of protein in the powder.

This got me thinking because I was trying to figure out how many servings per 1# that I have so I could budget to buy more....but there is no serving size written on mine so I had to look online and then I assumed the scoop was a serving.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Whey Protein from True nutrition, question.–> ANSWERED—<

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?