Whey Protien Isolate in Coffee

• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Blake Norfleet
    Participant

I've used this a few times to “hide” the flavor of coffee. I pour about 6-8 oz. of coffee, 1 tbsp of HWC, 1 tbsp of Coconut oil and a packet of Stevia. It's ok, but I'm not a coffee drinker. It's a tool to get the fats. So, I thought about adding the Whey Isolate into the drink and making it a “Mocha”.  🙂 It tastes pretty good and it helps even out the macros. But is it hurting the isolate?

Craig jones
    Participant

No, your not the first to ask its fine.

Blake Norfleet
    Participant

Thanks

Gl;itch.e

Personally I LOVE coffee and find adding whey to them to be unenjoyable. Whereas MCT/Coconut oil and Cream are enhancers to it. So I simply add a small shake on the side with my coffee's in the morning.

Cmf10024

I've used this a few times to "hide" the flavor of coffee. I pour about 6-8 oz. of coffee, 1 tbsp of HWC, 1 tbsp of Coconut oil and a packet of Stevia. It's ok, but I'm not a coffee drinker. It's a tool to get the fats. So, I thought about adding the Whey Isolate into the drink and making it a "Mocha".  🙂 It tastes pretty good and it helps even out the macros. But is it hurting the isolate?

The accelerator shake in CBL calls for 10gms of whey isolate added to the coffee with coconut oil or milk.kiefer says in the book that the whey is not in the coffee long enough for it to become denatured.

Big_R
    Participant

I used to love doing this… Made the coffee taste like cocoa  mmmm 🙂

amedio

Has anyone here ever had an issue with the whey and coffee mixture upsetting his or her stomach? It gets me everytime I add the whey! I use the unsweetened vanilla DH blend D. 

jsmith

how long would it take for the isolate to be denatured? I typically make the coffee and add the isolate but i dont drink it till about 1.5-2 hours later.

Gl;itch.e

how long would it take for the isolate to be denatured? I typically make the coffee and add the isolate but i dont drink it till about 1.5-2 hours later.

Why so long? I dont actually know whether that time frame is even something to be worried about. But to be on the safe side why not seperate the whey until you are ready to drink it, or do what I do, and have the whey by itself with a normal coffee at the same time.

jsmith

i usually mix it all together before i go to work. its just convenient to mix it before i leave the house.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Whey Protien Isolate in Coffee

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?