Which Plan is Right for My Situation?

• This topic has 4 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

40plusfit
    Keymaster

Looking for advice on which eating plan is best for my situation. I am 42, 6'-0″, 187,work out 5-6 days a week – combinations of P90X, Kickboxing and HIIT but I still have those freakin' love handles and I want them gone!  Will Carb Back Loading work for me since I am working out hard as hell but not into lifting heavy weights or bodybuilding?    Also my wife and I usually follow the same eating plans so she will probably join me if I do CBL – she is a 3-4 day per week medium intensity cardio, light weight/body weight exercise kind of person, will it work for her?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Weights are kinda important on CBL. You need strong contractions to translocate tGLUT. Carb nite is really effective for fat loss though!

sawinwright

Can somebody chuck me advice on the best direction to aim at the moment.I'm 5'6 and weigh about 155 pounds, fairly low body fat, i just have stubborn fat left around my lower abs and lower back my abs are fairly visable. I'm not sure weather to get bigger now, or get lean enough to clear the stubborn fat, then start to get big? Cheershaven't got a decent picture at the moment will try to find one.

Naomi Most

Looking for advice on which eating plan is best for my situation. I am 42, 6'-0", 187,work out 5-6 days a week - combinations of P90X, Kickboxing and HIIT but I still have those freakin' love handles and I want them gone!  Will Carb Back Loading work for me since I am working out hard as hell but not into lifting heavy weights or bodybuilding?    Also my wife and I usually follow the same eating plans so she will probably join me if I do CBL - she is a 3-4 day per week medium intensity cardio, light weight/body weight exercise kind of person, will it work for her?

Both of you should be on Carb Nite.  CBL will NOT work for either of you, doing the kinds of exercise you're doing, no matter how "hard" you feel you are working.Unless you are both willing to switch to heavy weight training, CBL will work very poorly, if at all, for losing fat.I'd suggest ditching the "medium intensity cardio" no matter what else your wife does, as it won't help for fat loss and will usually hurt metabolism and catabolize muscle mass.  See also Kiefer's well-researched article on why "cardio" is crap:http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/women-running-into-trouble/...and my blog post on why women (and men) should be spending their limited time on strength training instead of cardio:http://postpartumpunk.com/2011/12/07/women-you-need-to-get-off-the-damn-treadmill/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Which Plan is Right for My Situation?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?