Why back-load (or carb nite) with gluten-free foods? (cuz they work better!)

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Naomi Most

Here's what Dr. William Davis, MD, had to say about the corn starch, rice starch, tapioca starch, and potato starch that makes up most gluten-free food products:"How about gluten-free foods, then?  ... Well these dried polarized starches are awful. They raise blood sugar higher than even wheat! Few things can raise blood sugar higher than wheat. But corn starch, rice starch, tapioca starch, potato starch in gluten-free foods do.  And they raise it SKY-HIGH."You can hear it in the Upgraded Self podcast #25, starting at about 29 minutes in.I'm re-convinced... I'm staying completely gluten-free.  Wheat just isn't worth the hit to my mental and physical performance.

dmmethod

Here's what Dr. William Davis, MD, had to say about the corn starch, rice starch, tapioca starch, and potato starch that makes up most gluten-free food products:"How about gluten-free foods, then?  ... Well these dried polarized starches are awful. They raise blood sugar higher than even wheat! Few things can raise blood sugar higher than wheat. But corn starch, rice starch, tapioca starch, potato starch in gluten-free foods do.  And they raise it SKY-HIGH."You can hear it in the Upgraded Self podcast #25, starting at about 29 minutes in.I'm re-convinced... I'm staying completely gluten-free.  Wheat just isn't worth the hit to my mental and physical performance.

It's really the only way to go. There is an ENORMOUS difference in the way I look, feel & preform ever since going (paleo/primal) wheat/gluten free. It's been a year now and I can say with complete honesty that I not only feel better physically but my mental state has been razor sharp with a heavy dash of complete calmness peppered throughout. Everyone is different, but I've yet to meet someone who didn't feel better or at least notice a positive difference after 30 days of just "trying" it. Thanks for sharing that!

Richard Schmitt

Thanks Naomi for this, definitely getting more into gluten-free products.

AdamFiddler

If you can avoid it, why would you ever have any of that stuff in the first place?  Btw, it's pretty stunning what a lot of these “gluten-free!” things do you for if you're not not on a CBL type program where you're using the insulin spike post-workout..William Davis also lists tapioca flour as one of the few things which will higher your blood sugar more than whole wheat bread.  Adam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Why back-load (or carb nite) with gluten-free foods? (cuz they work better!)

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?