Winning Makes People More Aggressive Toward the Defeated

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Naomi Most

A quick reaction would make me say this is BS and the defeated are way worse…Then I realize how horrible and spiteful our culture has become, we have become almost more primal. We pray on the weak and try to take advantage of our "dominance"

Stephen Davis
    Participant

Hmmmmm.  Do we really prey on the weak?  I think you would be very hard pressed to find another society that gives so much to so many for doing absolutely nothing.  I don't want to get into the whole diatribe on whether or not people want to work or can work.  The bottom line is that never before have people been given something for nothing in return.  This has only come into being in the last 80 years…just a blip in the history of man.  Maybe the weak are now preying on the dominant???

Hmmmmm.  Do we really prey on the weak?  I think you would be very hard pressed to find another society that gives so much to so many for doing absolutely nothing.  I don't want to get into the whole diatribe on whether or not people want to work or can work.  The bottom line is that never before have people been given something for nothing in return.  This has only come into being in the last 80 years...just a blip in the history of man.  Maybe the weak are now preying on the dominant???

I think you are over generalizing and yet not because it sounds like you are using society meaning America.

Naomi Most

Well, the first rule of psychology studies is to look at who their test subjects were… hmm, all undergraduate college students…!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I am probably going to anger a lot of people, but it something that is rarely discussed.  It angers me when I'm watching a sporting event and I see the winning team celebrating before the game is over or immediately after the game is over.  In my opinion, the sportsman thing to do is to shake your opponent's hand then celebrate afterwards.For every sore loser, there is a bad winner.

I am probably going to anger a lot of people, but it something that is rarely discussed.  It angers me when I'm watching a sporting event and I see the winning team celebrating before the game is over or immediately after the game is over.  In my opinion, the sportsman thing to do is to shake your opponent's hand then celebrate afterwards.For every sore loser, there is a bad winner.

+1

Kevin rogers
    Participant

What happened to “its not if you win or lose but how you played the game?” Or now a days “its not if you win or lose but how much you cheated?”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Winning Makes People More Aggressive Toward the Defeated

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?