Wondering about workout program.

• This topic has 4 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rzelf
    Participant

Hello,  I am new to this program and just started my prep phase yesterday.  I have lifted for quite some time and have been reading the book.  I currently am doing the Kris Gethin Hardcore trainer program and am wondering if it is ok to continue for CBL SA.  It is 5 days a week and varies rep range going from the 8-12 up to 30 to finish some moves.  Any help would be great.  Thank you

maxwkw

I'm not really familiar with that program. What is your goal?

Richard Schmitt

Go to bodybuilding.com it's a good main program they have there. It's a good program. Jut focus on main lifts to get a proper backload then work with accessory. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

CaseyD

Your description is a bit vague, but 30 reps is too high (you might be able to get away with 1 “burn out” set at the end). I'd say a safe maximum for CBL is 12 reps, gotta keep it heavy.

rzelf
    Participant

Thanks for the responses.  And I do stay heavy.  The goal of the program is to reach muscle failure by the end of the set and the high reps are very rare and mostly legs.

maxwkw

Reaching muscle failure isn't really a goal. Do you want strength, aesthetic, athleticism?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Wondering about workout program.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?