Yohimbine HCL

• This topic has 17 voices and 60 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author

AciD

Anyone is using this with CBL?HOW do you use it?My dosage is ~18mg for my 92kg bw.I heard - use before fasted cardio + bcaa.Any other application?

BCAA will make it useless. It only works when there is no insulin.I use it, I take 25mg, just a tad over my BW dose but it's easier.I just take it in the morning and when I do any cardio I always make sure to take it first.

sircow1

Is it even worth taking if you are not doing fasted cardio?

AciD

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=4076I found this. I don't think that BCAA is going to spike insulin that much... But I am kinda confused by now 😀

Is it even worth taking if you are not doing fasted cardio?

I figure it's dirt cheap when you buy the bulk powder, just a little hassle measuring itand that if you are up moving around and working you are doing fasted "cardio" so I still take it.I might not take it if I ate breakfast or didn't do anything in the morning though.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=4076I found this. I don't think that BCAA is going to spike insulin that much... But I am kinda confused by now 😀

I wont lie, I didn't look at all of that.But I do think that BCAA's are pointless to take before doing "fasted cardio" because if you cause a rise in insulin you block fat burning and yohimhine becomes usless.I think the idea of taking them together comes from the idea that if you fast or don't have contant amino acids flowing in all your muscle will eat itself.

AciD

Well actually no, this was advised by the leangains protocol follower and I'm trying to apply this for CBL. ;]

Richard Schmitt

Ok so I take this stuff, and this thread got me curious about the dossage amount someone should take and how to take it. Here is my opinion on it. You'll have to build up a tolerance for you, the usual amount is .2mg/kg, or.09mg/lb, (went ahead and found both for y'all), take it in a fasted state before cardio/workout, perferably in the morning time. Now it's not ideal to take all that at one time OR throughout the day due to some “side effects”. Like I said work up a tolerance. My dosage for the day is around 16.5mg, 7.5mg in the morning upon waking and another 7.5mg (or so) Pre-Workout. Yes it will retain water, just like creatine, so I guess after doing a month, I would take a week or so off of it, and start over again. Just my opinion. PrimaForce Yohimbine HCL has it at 2.5mg per pill, that's what I use. By the way I just started taking this amount, because I finally went out and found the correct amount to take, so will be taking it all of the month of May then off for a week in June. *OH! Important piece of note, since I said "fasted state" since we're doing either CNS or CBL, which is pretty much ULC throughout the day and staying in Ketosis, taking this with food is not good, it will stop it from working, and also that carbs will stop it from working completely. So yes taking it in the morning upon waking and about 15-25 minutes Pre-Workout (saying you only had fats/protein meal about an hour or so prior), is ideal. Hope this helps.

IOWA.PharmD

What is it supposed to do?

Richard Schmitt

What is it supposed to do?

What yohimbine? Helps get rid of the stubborn fat that is difficult to lose, suppose to help reduce appiette (*sp), and suppose to help with a "sex drive"...mostly helps with losing stubborn fat.

IOWA.PharmD

Has it been shown to work?

IOWA.PharmD

Dosage and Standardization Oral: 500-750 mg twice daily; erectile dysfunction: 5.4-10 mg 3 times/dayReported UsesAthletic performance (Ostojic, 2006)Autonomic failure (Jordan, 1998; Montastruc, 1981)Platelet aggregation inhibition (Boon, 1983)Sexual side effects of SSRIs (Hollander, 1992; Jacobsen, 1992; Montorsi, 1994; Reid, 1987)Sexual vitality (men and women); male erectile dysfunction (Carey, 1996; Ernst, 1998; Mann, 1996; Riley, 1994; Rowland, 1997; Yan, 2000)Xerostomia (psychotropic drug-induced) (Bagheri, 1997)Summary Yohimbe bark is traditionally used for increased sexual vitality in men and women. Pharmaceutically, yohimbine is isolated from yohimbe and used in male erectile dysfunction.---Also, I'm reading that article today about it's use in soccer players. Forewarning: the study looks kind of jank. (I found the above from one of my complimentary and alternative medicine references)

Richard Schmitt

Whoa that 500-750mg is a lot to take in one day….

IOWA.PharmD

There must be a catch for that. I'll report later what they used in the study for sports performance.

AciD

Whoa that 500-750mg is a lot to take in one day....

Mind that probably they are talking about Yohimbe which has about 0,2% of pure Yohimbine.500mg of Yohimbine HCL is, I bet, instant death :]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1955308http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1885256http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2906290

Richard Schmitt

Ooh! Well that makes perfect sense now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Yohimbine HCL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?