2 Months no Progress

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Tony Sangimino

With your workload you’re not getting in enough food. CarbNite is to reintroduce a large bolus of carbohydrates and energy to restore proper hormone function, it won’t necessarily make up for the giant energy deficit you have, mostly because of all the cardio. Raising your protein and fat little by little will help, but that cardio 6 days a week is the elephant in the room. Try dropping it down to 3x a week for now and implementing these changes.

– Coach Tony

jeanice cabale

you mean raising it on ulc days?

Tony Sangimino

Yes, raise it on ULC days.

– Coach Tony

jeanice cabale

Sorry I am asking too many questions, but I just want to make sure I get this right. Im not sure I am understanding this completely.

it won’t necessarily make up for the giant energy deficit you have, mostly because of all the cardio. Raising your protein and fat little by little will help, but that cardio 6 days a week is the elephant in the room.

Tony Sangimino

You are not eating enough to sustain your activities

-Do less Cardio

-Eat a little bit more on your ULC days

-Raise your carbs on CarbNite

That’s pretty much it, try not to complicate it. Start with small changes.

– Coach Tony

jeanice cabale

got it thank you!

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Once again… If you’re not losing/gaining weight after a period of a week or two, then you’re pretty much at your maintenance level of food intake. Eating more will only help you gain weight.

Your body does not, cannot, under any circumstances, create its own fuel. It functions solely on nutrient intake (foods/drinks) and/or stored fat.

Over-training can make you tired and exhausted, but it doesn’t stop fat loss (and it certainly won’t make you gain weight).

In reality, physical activity has very little effect on fat loss, which probably depends 95% (or more?) on your diet. However, a couple of brief, heavy workouts per week can help prevent muscle loss.

Without a calorie deficit, your body has no reason to access its fat stores, and will save them until needed. There is no magic bullet (including CNS or CBL) that defies caloric intake.

A 200-300 daily calorie deficit should let you see results within a week. Or you can try to ride the very edge of nutrient requirements and spend a year losing 10-15 lbs.

Your call. 🙂

Tony Sangimino

She’s already eating about 500 calories under maintenance, lifting 5x per week and doing cardio 6x, plus only eating a burger, fries, and dessert for her CarbNite… and you are suggesting her drop another 300 calories per day?

You realize that would put her at about 900 calories a day right?

This is how people destroy themselves

Melvin McLain
    Participant

But she’s not below maintenance calories, she’s right on it. Otherwise she’d be losing weight.

It’s called “maintenance” because body weight stays the same. As hers is.

[EDIT] Btw, she posted “30 carb 85 fat 125 protein” which is almost 1400 calories…

jeanice cabale
    Participant

I no longer compete in fitness competitions. I just want to maintain a leaner physique year round.

jeanice cabale
    Participant

The only thing i can really think of is that my carbnite volume is way too high or i am taking in the wrong types of carbs. Being on a 3500kcal a week deficit and i see my burn roughly about 300-400 cals per cardio sesssion…thats 3500-1800 = 5300….And a burger can easily be over 2000 calories with fries and a dessert maybe half of that, not actually leaving me in a deficit…BUT I could be wrong. I know its not always a calories in calories out thing.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

But it pretty much IS a calories in/calories out thing. The reason that low carb generally works, is that proteins and fats sate the appetite more than a carb-heavy diet. But you can still eat too much to lose weight. There must be a calorie deficit for fat loss.

The bottom line is that genetics and gender largely determine your body’s fuel efficiency. Women in general are more fuel efficient than men, meaning it takes less calories per pound of bodyweight to maintain.

Also, if you don’t weigh and measure every bite going in, it’s really easy to underestimate caloric intake (I learned this the hard way).

But if you are accurate in measuring your intake, then you’ve found your maintenance level.

jeanice cabale
    Participant

i will make minor adjustments and see what happens.

Tony Sangimino

Almost 1400 calories not counting exercise, which would put her around 900

You’re assuming that if you’re not losing weight, you’re eating too much. This is dangerous thinking. Calories matter to a degree sure, but they’re not everything. You’re actually recommending an ex-fitness competitor whose training everyday and under eating to eat less.

CarbNite was designed for sedentary people, introducing more carbohydrates on the CarbNite is a start, you’d eventually want to slowly start adding more carbs to your week.

I’m disappointed to see something like this on a Body IO forum.

– Coach Tony

Robert Haas
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more Coach. Just have to look at the training logs to see most women here who train regularly have had to add more carbs.
    Calories in/calories out doesn’t take in account for too many things: http://authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

2 Months no Progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?