anyone under 10% bf????

• This topic has 14 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Luis S.

I would like to extend an invitation to all the people who have achieved a bf% under 10% by using carb nite and if you all could be kind enough to enlighten us in your methods of doing so. I would really like to be able to get my body fat that low and would like to know the best ways to do so.

Richard Schmitt

+1 (either using Carb Nite or Carb-Backloading)

Newfiedan
    Participant

patience I am working on it, geez you guys!

Richard Schmitt

patience I am working on it, geez you guys!

XD I think we all are there bud! XD

Damon Amato
    Participant

ok for christs sake, what is XD?

IOWA.PharmD

+1

Luis S.

haha hopefully we can all post on here soon :p

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

CNS works.  Try combining that with Intermittent Fasting (leangains, warrior's diet, etc.)  I know CNS has Hansens diet soda on it, but stay away from Hansens  and other diet sodas until you want to spike insulin.  There is an ingredient in these promotes insulin production, which suppresses fat burning. 

Luis S.

CNS works.  Try combining that with Intermittent Fasting (leangains, warrior's diet, etc.)  I know CNS has Hansens diet soda on it, but stay away from Hansens  and other diet sodas until you want to spike insulin.  There is an ingredient in these promotes insulin production, which suppresses fat burning. 

Can you give me some insight on intermitent fasting?

Luis S.

And by that i mean if you have used it, could you please share your experience with me?

Richard Schmitt

ok for christs sake, what is XD?

.... X means the eyes are closed, and the D means laughing really hard...it's a LMAO Smilie...

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

Can you give me some insight on intermitent fasting?

Sure, look up Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat program.  Like Keifer he has science to back up his suggestions.  Fasting has many benefits. Leangains and Warrior's Diet are variations on the theme. Martin Berkhan's leangains.com is a site full of free information and his facebook page is constantly updated, while you have to pay for Pilon and warriors (I am not even sure who sells that but one of the earliest proponents was Ori Hofmekler on T-Nation back in 1999). Martin's is science-based as well and he is definitely not a huckster. IF has been around for years but is now only getting more attention. Most of the internet diet marketers are getting on the IF wagon and coming up with their own variation.Intermittent Fasting as Kiefer puts it, is a subset of CBL.  Basically, CBL and CNS are big enough to incorporate these methods and are not contradictory or contra-indicated.  Just understand what you are doing and why, which means reading, thinking and experimenting a lot.  I can only say that it works for me. However, I cannot prescribe what I do as I am very different from you. I get down between 6-13% bf through a lot of experimentation and studying.  Kiefer's CBL and CNS are definitely cutting edge (though CNS is written for the average person and not the heavy lifter) and in my third-fourth week of doing them, I am quite happy with the results as it solves the negatives, issues and problems of the other programs I've been on (including IF). I am 5'7" and 192# at 10-11% bf when I started CBL.  Now I am the same weight with 8.5 - 9.5 % bf. I measure via calipers, tape measure and the Tanita, once a month I measure through water immersion, which I will do next week.  In my area they have a truck that goes around every month and measure you for $35, but will give steep (50%) discounts to prepaid and regular customers. The bigger question is, what do you want as a goal? Just to lose bf?  I have been at 5 - 6% BF with 8 pack abs and looked like a concentration camp graduate.  I was weak as hell and definitely NOT happy. Not my thing.  I like those abs with strength, pump and look like I'm juicing (which I assure you I am not as my T level is in the mid 500s).  Thanks to CBL.

Luis S.

Thanks a lot for all this great info, i will definitely do research on those. Currently my main goal is to shed fat since i am around 20% bf, dont really know the actual number, but can immagine its around there. Im on my 2nd week on CNS and am seeing the changes in my body, just hope they continue. All my food is low sodium, and im making sure i keep the ration of protein and fat at 50:50, some days ill even go over on the fat but its usually not too much. Friday is my 2nd carb nite, so on saturday i will fast and see how i feel sunday. I want to lose the most amount of fat possible, preferably get between 10%-14% then i will transition to CBL. Have you learned of any ways to aid the fat loss while on CNS apart from IF ?

Richard Schmitt

I can only say that it works for me. However, I cannot prescribe what I do as I am very different from you. I get down between 6-13% bf through a lot of experimentation and studying.  Kiefer's CBL and CNS are definitely cutting edge (though CNS is written for the average person and not the heavy lifter) and in my third-fourth week of doing them, I am quite happy with the results as it solves the negatives, issues and problems of the other programs I've been on (including IF). I am 5'7" and 192# at 10-11% bf when I started CBL.  Now I am the same weight with 8.5 - 9.5 % bf. I measure via calipers, tape measure and the Tanita, once a month I measure through water immersion, which I will do next week.  In my area they have a truck that goes around every month and measure you for $35, but will give steep (50%) discounts to prepaid and regular customers. The bigger question is, what do you want as a goal? Just to lose bf?  I have been at 5 - 6% BF with 8 pack abs and looked like a concentration camp graduate.  I was weak as hell and definitely NOT happy. Not my thing.  I like those abs with strength, pump and look like I'm juicing (which I assure you I am not as my T level is in the mid 500s).  Thanks to CBL.

So using CBL, not CNS, how did you get to that lower body fat and continue to keep that?? That's awesome by the way.

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

I can only say that it works for me. However, I cannot prescribe what I do as I am very different from you. I get down between 6-13% bf through a lot of experimentation and studying.  Kiefer's CBL and CNS are definitely cutting edge (though CNS is written for the average person and not the heavy lifter) and in my third-fourth week of doing them, I am quite happy with the results as it solves the negatives, issues and problems of the other programs I've been on (including IF). I am 5'7" and 192# at 10-11% bf when I started CBL.  Now I am the same weight with 8.5 - 9.5 % bf. I measure via calipers, tape measure and the Tanita, once a month I measure through water immersion, which I will do next week.  In my area they have a truck that goes around every month and measure you for $35, but will give steep (50%) discounts to prepaid and regular customers. The bigger question is, what do you want as a goal? Just to lose bf?  I have been at 5 - 6% BF with 8 pack abs and looked like a concentration camp graduate.  I was weak as hell and definitely NOT happy. Not my thing.  I like those abs with strength, pump and look like I'm juicing (which I assure you I am not as my T level is in the mid 500s).  Thanks to CBL.

So using CBL, not CNS, how did you get to that lower body fat and continue to keep that?? That's awesome by the way.

Hey thanks, I am still learning btw.  I have just started the extra pure leucine and Blend H this week. What CBL does for me is the understanding of how it all works, which is absent from the other programs beyond the simplistic explanations on leptin, creatine, etc.  Kiefer really lays it out well.  I have a far better understanding of the interplay between hormones, nutrition, insulin, muscular and strength development than before. I was skeptical at first, as I usually am and will try it out to see if it will work.  So far, in my fourth week, I have gained strength and look both more muscular and leaner than ever before. With CNS, I have now distinguished between usable and fibrous carbs and use those food charts and recipes on my CBL style meals especially for the low carb portion on days off. The Delta Chart was eye-opening. I did not know I could go up to the mid-600 grams of carbs!  I did and it worked!  I upped my fat intake according to the charts and it worked! Like the ad for Apple products, much of what I can say is, "I tried it and it works!"  Basically, I just follow the principles of the program.  Naomi's comments to other members on their questions helped a lot in figuring it out as well. She has helped me a lot in a couple of my own questions.  I have copied much of her comments in my own files for future reference and reminders without having to search through the forum.  I can't wait for Kiefer's article on muscle triglycerides as I am sure that will provide another quantum leap in understanding.  I hope that answers your question.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

anyone under 10% bf????

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?